Bullnose Forums

Auto hub lock lubricant [E1TZ-19590-A] - NOS

They had auto locking hubs in 81?

MPC says: E1TZ 19590-A Grease-Automatic Hub Lock-for 4x4 vehicles with Warner Gear auto, locking hubs — 5 oz. tube.

As for auto locking hubs, they did appear in 1981. And as of 2015 they still don't have them perfected.

Auto_Locking_Hubs.thumb.jpg.b4f26cc9553af8371c193e72f70decc3.jpg

As for auto locking hubs, they did appear in 1981. And as of 2015 they still don't have them perfected.

What’s wrong with them? I like the ones in my Bronco!

I don’t know why, but I know many people replaced the automatic ones with manual hubs. And it was t for convenience.

The ‘95 I bought had a partial swap done on it. And Blue’s auto hubs (integrated wheel ends in Fordspeak) failed right out of the box and were replaced.

I don’t know why, but I know many people replaced the automatic ones with manual hubs. And it was t for convenience.

The ‘95 I bought had a partial swap done on it. And Blue’s auto hubs (integrated wheel ends in Fordspeak) failed right out of the box and were replaced.

Our 88 F150, 94 F350, and 95 F350 farm trucks are all manual and were that way when we got them (all used). Maybe depends upon the environment the hubs are exposed to? Most truck conveniences don't seem to last too long in this usage :)

Our 88 F150, 94 F350, and 95 F350 farm trucks are all manual and were that way when we got them (all used). Maybe depends upon the environment the hubs are exposed to? Most truck conveniences don't seem to last too long in this usage :)

I can't speak for the earlier trucks but my 2015 truck, Blue, had the IWE's fail very early on, and the truck had never even been in 4wd much less rough conditions. If ever a truck had been babied it was Blue.

But when the problem started happening I Googled the symptoms and immediately knew what the problem was. Lots of others had the same symptoms. And when I called and talked to the service department they were quick to say "The IWE's are bad."

That soured me on automatic hubs.

I can't speak for the earlier trucks but my 2015 truck, Blue, had the IWE's fail very early on, and the truck had never even been in 4wd much less rough conditions. If ever a truck had been babied it was Blue.

But when the problem started happening I Googled the symptoms and immediately knew what the problem was. Lots of others had the same symptoms. And when I called and talked to the service department they were quick to say "The IWE's are bad."

That’s too bad. I learned that the FSM says to dip them in ATF and let them drip before install.

A lot of times they get too much grease and people complain they won’t work in cold weather.

That’s too bad. I learned that the FSM says to dip them in ATF and let them drip before install.

A lot of times they get too much grease and people complain they won’t work in cold weather.

The Pulse Vaccuum Hubs used back in the late 90's to early 00's were garbage as well.