Bullnose Forums

1981 Freewheel flareside

David - I only have 8 pics, and the 2nd one is of the driver's side.

Gary,

I think he's referring to the red truck that was originally posted. It has the foglight switch bezel. I probably shouldn't have piggy backed on a previous thread with mine.

That would explain it! Thanks, Cory.

Question for the Free Wheeling experts:

I see these trucks for sale from time to time, black with the gold pin stripes outlining the body panels. Was this one of the Free Wheeling packages? It does not have the black grill (or hood letters) but it does have the while wheels with black center caps...

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/atlanta-f150-clear-title-1981/6804428009.html

Or was that just another trim package for any Ford pickup?

Cory, it’s really hard to tell from a set of pics like this... especially the Freewheelin’ package A which is pretty plain. I think you would need to order the Marti report to know 100%. That said, I think it likely is a Freewheelin’ package. They were more common than XLS, and stripes + black grille + spoke wheels is pretty much a good indication that it was sold in a package. The grille isn’t very black, but in my experience the painted grilles weather to that dull grey plastic regardless of the original color. The hood has obviously been changed or the holes have been filled in.