Bullnose Forum

Swapping 1996 4.9 E4OD into 1986 F250 6.9 C6

nic55kel

...if the speed control steering wheel resistors are the same 1986 to 1996.
Same for '7?-04 at least, because the cruise amplifier (module) didn't change from '80-92 (it crossed the line of the '91 body change). So the '92-up wheel works with both the older & newer cruise amps, which means the resistors have to be the same. The resistances are probably the same for all Ford/L/M cruise buttons.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/494370/thumbnail/cruisevacuum92circuit.jpg

...if the speed control steering wheel resistors are the same 1986 to 1996.
Same for '7?-04 at least, because the cruise amplifier (module) didn't change from '80-92 (it crossed the line of the '91 body change). So the '92-up wheel works with both the older & newer cruise amps, which means the resistors have to be the same. The resistances are probably the same for all Ford/L/M cruise buttons.

https://supermotors.net/getfile/494370/thumbnail/cruisevacuum92circuit.jpg

Thank you Steve,

great information as always.

• 1 year later...

Thank you Steve,

great information as always.

After two years of vacillating on this project I finally found a donor that will work.

I found a low mileage 1982 f250 extended cab with a 300 and 4 speed. Rusted out so reasonable price.

I will start a new thread and show pictures as I proceed through the transplant.

I love the 300 with a 4 speed behind it and I am finally excited about this project again.

The fact that it is also extended cab means I can just switch the entire drivetrain over.

I have been looking for a donor like this for over three years and had pretty much given up on the project.

So great day, very happy.

After two years of vacillating on this project I finally found a donor that will work.

I found a low mileage 1982 f250 extended cab with a 300 and 4 speed. Rusted out so reasonable price.

I will start a new thread and show pictures as I proceed through the transplant.

I love the 300 with a 4 speed behind it and I am finally excited about this project again.

The fact that it is also extended cab means I can just switch the entire drivetrain over.

I have been looking for a donor like this for over three years and had pretty much given up on the project.

Very cool, good engine!

Excellent! I'm looking forward to following the journey. :nabble_smiley_good: