Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Stumbled across this tonight:

Remake I assume.

When that movie was being made in the 80’s I stayed with my sister in Valencia California for awhile job hunting after I got out of the Corps.

I remarked one day that they are building a new gas station, in a day or so I noticed it was a facade. That night they filmed the scene where the gas station blew up. A picture in the paper. They did it late at night.

Used to film Dukes of Hazzard in those hills around there.

Edit: Grammar correction!

Remake I assume.

When that movie was being made in the 80’s I stayed with my sister in Valencia California for awhile job hunting after I got out of the Corps.

I remarked one day that they are building a new gas station, in a day or so I noticed it was a facade. That night they filmed the scene where the gas station blew up. A picture in the paper. They did it late at night.

Used to film Dukes of Hazzard in those hills around there.

Edit: Grammar correction!

It's a music video made for one of the songs from the Christine soundtrack. John Carpenter is driving Christine.

Here's a pretty cool video for those of us with newer Fords who are still able to buy Motorcraft replacement parts. But this info really goes for just about every manufacturer on the market.

Having run a repair shop many years ago, even then we were seeing fake parts, some were obvious, like Motorcare vs Motorcraft, Automotive vs Autolite etc. That being said I had a line of parts in plain boxes, that were excellent quality, but unless I knew you real well, you wouldn't see them. The best was a carb kit for the Ford 2100 carbs, cost me $2.50, came in a plastic bag with an instruction sheet, no box. An Autolite CT-499D was about $9.00 list, Carter 902-857D I believe or Guaranteed 77-857D (same kit, different source) was probably $7.50. Since I guaranteed repair work, most customers didn't care what I used as long as I stood behind the work. If you were a good friend, I would sell you one of those kits over the counter for $5.00.

These were excellent knock offs, I could open all 4 different kits and lay the parts out on the counter and challenge you to find the difference. I carried AC-Delco and AC plugs for GM , Champion plugs for Chrysler, AMC and Studebaker and Autolite for Ford I had Autolite tune up parts for Ford, Chrysler I had Echlin tune-up parts as Chrysler's aftermarket support was pretty bad in the late 60s.

Apparently Youtube Productions is remaking Christine sometime soon.

Some guy shot video of my truck for 2 hours a couple weekends ago.

I doubt they will use it, a couple too many messed up body panels, but I made gas money for the week

Cool! Movie star truck!

Apparently Youtube Productions is remaking Christine sometime soon.

Some guy shot video of my truck for 2 hours a couple weekends ago.

I doubt they will use it, a couple too many messed up body panels, but I made gas money for the week

That is way cool! Please let us know if they use it, and I hope they do. :nabble_smiley_good: