Bullnose Forum

The FORD Lounge

On 10/12/2024 at 8:29 PM, salans7 said:

Today I test drove a 2018 F350 4x4 CCLB Dually w/6.7 Diesel for a friend who is in the market for one. It was a nice truck with way more options than I would ever want, and I can say that it was just way too much truck for me. I really didn't feel like I had that much more room than my little Ranger due to the SD dash design (I'm over 6' tall) and the Ranger is MUCH easier to work on. 

If I end up replacing my Ranger at some point, I could see myself sticking with a 2024+ Ranger, or a 2018 or newer F150. I just can't justify an F250/F350, especially when I have one in the backyard that needs to be finished. That truck will forever be able to tow anything that I personally will need to throw at it. 

2018 F350.jpg

Well, my friend signed the paperwork on this big girl and is headed up this weekend to take it home. He may be the one driving it now, but I drove it first. 😂

On manual vs automatics, I have had both, and depending on the useage can take either. I drove a 1966 Shelby GT350 as a daily driver for 11 years, I had two different 4 speeds, a Borg-Warner T10 and a Ford toploader. Biggest issue I had with it was in creep and beep traffic, my left leg would get pretty tired working that Zoom clutch. I have driver 3 4 and 5 speed column shifts, 3, 4 5 and 6 speed floor shifts also USMC 2 1/2 and 5 ton trucks including the M543A2C wrecker. 

12 hours ago, 85lebaront2 said:

The HP peak is at 6250 rpm and torque peak is at 4500 rpm. The engines basically love to rev.

I get it Bill... provide the hp/torque when it matters to the user (user is more likely to rev the engine and expect returns).

Gone are the days when someone can say "I get the same gas mileage no matter what I do".. towing or otherwise...

Newer engines really (should) excel in their ability to deliver better economy with light demand, especially when you consider the variable valve timing to emulate the Atkinson cycle.

Edited by viven44