Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Sorry to see that, Cory! I knew another guy with gout, and a teeny little pill controlled it, and quickly. Did they give you any medication?

Cory, I know medical opinions are as about as touchy as religious and political opinions. However, I care about you and am willing to risk hurting somone elses feelings. My opinion....dont go straight to looking for a pill. Investigate your food and drink intake. Be honest with yourself. Is there any dietary changes you can make first? No such thing as "bad genes". Our lifestyle, stress load, environment, food and drink intake are factors that pressure gene expressions. Do the right things to express the right genes and you will achieve optimal health. The trick is finding out what is right for YOU. For me, its Keto or nearly all carnivore that gives me the best health. Typically, 1 large meal a day gives me the best results. I did my ancestry dna, I am nearly 100% Irish/Scottish/British/Welsh. I have just a few percent german/dutch. Im 34, 6'4", 195lbs, energetic, no meds, no gas, no digestive issues. My only "issue" is thinning hair on the top of my head.

Cory, I know medical opinions are as about as touchy as religious and political opinions. However, I care about you and am willing to risk hurting somone elses feelings. My opinion....dont go straight to looking for a pill. Investigate your food and drink intake. Be honest with yourself. Is there any dietary changes you can make first? No such thing as "bad genes". Our lifestyle, stress load, environment, food and drink intake are factors that pressure gene expressions. Do the right things to express the right genes and you will achieve optimal health. The trick is finding out what is right for YOU. For me, its Keto or nearly all carnivore that gives me the best health. Typically, 1 large meal a day gives me the best results. I did my ancestry dna, I am nearly 100% Irish/Scottish/British/Welsh. I have just a few percent german/dutch. Im 34, 6'4", 195lbs, energetic, no meds, no gas, no digestive issues. My only "issue" is thinning hair on the top of my head.

If it's the pill I'm thinking of (I had a bit of gout a few years ago, and it was the most incredible pain I've ever experienced), it's just a pill to alleviate the immediate symptoms. TAKE THE PILL. And if that pill doesn't work, take the other one they offer you. The first treatment didn't work for me, but the one they use if the first one doesn't work did.

After that, yes, consider your diet and any other lifestyle changes you can make.

Sorry to see that, Cory! I knew another guy with gout, and a teeny little pill controlled it, and quickly. Did they give you any medication?

Gary, the doc mentioned yesterday that there is a pill that is very good at stopping Gout, but only if you can catch it in the very initial onset (within first 3 days). She said after that time passes, the pill does nothing. Not sure if this is the one your friend took or not, but she said it works well if you can take it in time. Right now I'm only on some anti-inflammatory pills and Tylenol.

Ray, all understood brother. No feelings will be hurt here. I am fully aware of Keto, and in general terms I am in agreement with it. The bad genes bit was kind of a joke, but at the same time I know some families that do have hereditary issues, like heart disease and hyper tension. I did see the actual numbers one time, so I forget the exact stats, but diet and exercise are responsible for 80 or 90% of your health, but there is still a certain percentage that is just a wild card, or genetic. My wife is a vegetarian, but god love her she still cooks meat for me. So I don't follow any kind of Keto regime, but I do eat a lot of meat and veggies overall. I do have some room to improve, but overall we eat pretty healthy, and we get a fair bit of exercise.

You do have youth on your side, no doubt. Most issues or aches and pains aren't going to show up for you for another 10 years. The Keto is a good idea regardless, so you may be able to prevent some things from starting later on.

If it's the pill I'm thinking of (I had a bit of gout a few years ago, and it was the most incredible pain I've ever experienced), it's just a pill to alleviate the immediate symptoms. TAKE THE PILL. And if that pill doesn't work, take the other one they offer you. The first treatment didn't work for me, but the one they use if the first one doesn't work did.

After that, yes, consider your diet and any other lifestyle changes you can make.

The pain was incredible. I've got a pretty good tolerance for pain, but this stuff was over the top. I should mention, the doc just thinks it's Gout, they were not able to confirm. They pulled some fluid to check for crystals, and didn't find any. This doesn't mean that it is not Gout, it just means that they were unable to confirm such. X-ray showed some heavy calcification on the joint, which may be the problem.

She mentioned the pill worked if taken very early. Since this was my first time, I was already too late for that.

The pain was incredible. I've got a pretty good tolerance for pain, but this stuff was over the top. I should mention, the doc just thinks it's Gout, they were not able to confirm. They pulled some fluid to check for crystals, and didn't find any. This doesn't mean that it is not Gout, it just means that they were unable to confirm such. X-ray showed some heavy calcification on the joint, which may be the problem.

She mentioned the pill worked if taken very early. Since this was my first time, I was already too late for that.

I had severe athritis starting by age 30. Ive had back issues, a back surgery, joint health issues most my life. I went keto/carnivore and never felt better in my life. Im no stranger to aches and pains.

One last thing, just because you have a genetic pre-disposition to a certain condition, doesn't mean you will get that condition/disease. If you dont know much about gene expressions, you really should research it. Something like 80% of our genetic makeup can be turned on and off through meditation, diet, exercise, environment, stress, economics etc. Gout has been touted as a rich man's disease because back 100+ years ago no one but rich men got it. Why? Because they were the only ones who could afford enough sugar and/or alcohol to get the disease.

1 meal a day is very good for older people, as it allows the bodies inflammation to be reduced from the food we eat. If you are in a 3 meal a day state, you are inflammed.

I had severe athritis starting by age 30. Ive had back issues, a back surgery, joint health issues most my life. I went keto/carnivore and never felt better in my life. Im no stranger to aches and pains.

One last thing, just because you have a genetic pre-disposition to a certain condition, doesn't mean you will get that condition/disease. If you dont know much about gene expressions, you really should research it. Something like 80% of our genetic makeup can be turned on and off through meditation, diet, exercise, environment, stress, economics etc. Gout has been touted as a rich man's disease because back 100+ years ago no one but rich men got it. Why? Because they were the only ones who could afford enough sugar and/or alcohol to get the disease.

1 meal a day is very good for older people, as it allows the bodies inflammation to be reduced from the food we eat. If you are in a 3 meal a day state, you are inflammed.

No, honey, I don’t have some tart’s bra in the truck...why do you ask?

D5DCF584-7B14-4B81-9FB0-76D3D7153672.jpeg.cf81e71aa377851749c979e7582fe7ab.jpeg