Bullnose Forums

The FORD Lounge

Yikes! It looks like the little guy took the brunt of it. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Little guy only seems to have a dent in the driver's fender, which is small but more of a crease, so it won't come out easy.

The F350 has a new crease on the edge of the roof above the driver's side door, two dents towards the bottom of the bed on the driver's side, and a new dent towards the top of the bed on the passenger side. It already had dents, but I wasn't trying to give it more, especially on the roof. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I moved the trucks where they are because they're not under the trees for hurricane season. But today's storm was so bad that the winds carried the limbs all the way towards the house.

Little guy only seems to have a dent in the driver's fender, which is small but more of a crease, so it won't come out easy.

The F350 has a new crease on the edge of the roof above the driver's side door, two dents towards the bottom of the bed on the driver's side, and a new dent towards the top of the bed on the passenger side. It already had dents, but I wasn't trying to give it more, especially on the roof. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I moved the trucks where they are because they're not under the trees for hurricane season. But today's storm was so bad that the winds carried the limbs all the way towards the house.

Sorry to hear and see that Shaun!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to drive a Miata once. When I went to close the door, It pushed my knee into the steering wheel and wouldn't close. I'm too tall for small cars. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I couldn't drive them either...at least with the roof on. That was with the seat all the way back and trying to recline the seat a little to make myself fit.

Sorry to hear.

This hit out by my Dad's house (30 min away) from me in Goshen, Ohio on Wednesday: 291239455_5184076668354931_1903453619182794948_n.jpg.5476429ca2649d87e6397cbc563fa2e9.jpg291242700_5184075581688373_1938162594212577235_n.jpg.17fb059843883df808ee19fdac09e0c3.jpg291274282_5184075918355006_386529536263318488_n.jpg.0edbb277058a77016345b6255831cda1.jpg291661154_5184075801688351_2737511647025078698_n.jpg.3eff6eb6dad42538e4091da019f90535.jpg

Sorry to hear.

This hit out by my Dad's house (30 min away) from me in Goshen, Ohio on Wednesday:

Just out of curiosity, have any of you ever participated in 24 Hours of Lemons racing? Some of us at work keep kicking around the idea of entering a car, and it's starting to sound like we might actually go for it. I'd be interested in hearing about anyone's experience.

It's probably too late for us to enter a car this year, so next year's Scrotium 500 would likely be our inaugural race.

Just out of curiosity, have any of you ever participated in 24 Hours of Lemons racing? Some of us at work keep kicking around the idea of entering a car, and it's starting to sound like we might actually go for it. I'd be interested in hearing about anyone's experience.

It's probably too late for us to enter a car this year, so next year's Scrotium 500 would likely be our inaugural race.

No, but interesting.

Grass Valley Oregon, not in the middle of nowhere, but pretty darn close! Used to drive through there several times a year.

No, but I follow ChrisFix on youtube who recently fielded a team. It's more expensive than you'd think... all the safety gear (and safety related required car mods) and supplies are $$$$ and if you cut corners you'll never pass tech. The $500 car limit is deceptive! :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

No, but I follow ChrisFix on youtube who recently fielded a team. It's more expensive than you'd think... all the safety gear (and safety related required car mods) and supplies are $$$$ and if you cut corners you'll never pass tech. The $500 car limit is deceptive! :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

Yep...some quick research online showed that the required roll cage is going to run $2K+, then there's all the other uncapped safety-related items such as tires, brakes, etc. $500 sounds cheap, but as you say that's far from the whole story. I saw someone say that the actual get-to-the-starting-line cost is more like $5K, not counting the safety gear that goes on your body.

Still, $5K spread across 6-8 guys (we have some pretty cool gals in our office, but I don't think any of them are THAT cool) is entirely doable. My boss just bought a house in a non-HOA area, so he's got the space to keep the vehicle. I've got tools, some minimal mechanical know-how, and access to a tow vehicle/trailer combo, so there's that. A couple of other guys who are interested have some background as shade-tree mechanics as well, so we could definitely pull this off.

We're going to need a cool team name, so I may start a thread here at some point looking for suggestions. My current preference is for 'Florida Man Racing', which lends itself to all kinds of horrific decorating ideas for the car.

Yep...some quick research online showed that the required roll cage is going to run $2K+, then there's all the other uncapped safety-related items such as tires, brakes, etc. $500 sounds cheap, but as you say that's far from the whole story. I saw someone say that the actual get-to-the-starting-line cost is more like $5K, not counting the safety gear that goes on your body.

Still, $5K spread across 6-8 guys (we have some pretty cool gals in our office, but I don't think any of them are THAT cool) is entirely doable. My boss just bought a house in a non-HOA area, so he's got the space to keep the vehicle. I've got tools, some minimal mechanical know-how, and access to a tow vehicle/trailer combo, so there's that. A couple of other guys who are interested have some background as shade-tree mechanics as well, so we could definitely pull this off.

We're going to need a cool team name, so I may start a thread here at some point looking for suggestions. My current preference is for 'Florida Man Racing', which lends itself to all kinds of horrific decorating ideas for the car.

And you have a logo already! :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:

Go for it!