Bullnose Forum

The FORD Lounge

That's a funny, and very familiar story. Just read it to my brother and we had a good laugh! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

He said that our dog, also a mutt, could have gotten the guns for us. He knew when we were getting ready and he PLANNED to go.

One time Dad and I went on to the cabin w/o Mom and my brother and didn't take the dog. When they got there the next day the dog ran into the cabin and told us off in no uncertain terms. Man, was he mad!

I said that our mutt would just ride on the floor. But you talking about a trip where everyone didn't go reminded me of an exception. One time we were going down to Iowa to visit relatives. My mom and sister left in the morning and my dad, brother and I headed down in the afternoon with the dog. She was worked up the whole 4 hour trip, pacing around and whining. It wasn't that we had forgotten her, but we had forgotten my mom and sister! (The drive home was only marginally better)

I'm not going to even get near all the discussions that could be had, just noticed this trailer for Dave Chappelle's latest special, and noticed he is driving a nice looking Bullnose. He lives in small town in Ohio, perhaps it is really his? (There is a little bad language in the clip, FYI)

Edit: Nevermind, the steering wheel looks like a Aeronose? But it was close...

Parts supply warning. Stock up now. A few data points we've spotted:

I can't find Rotella T6 anymore except in small bottles. The local WalMart Auto Center is managed by a friend. He's having trouble getting Rotella and other brands, even for the oil changes the Center does. He's having many other supply issues, big time.

My son had a failed Ford reman HPOP on his PSD (OBS but a newer SD motor). Ford has been unable to get him a replacement, for nearly two months now. Ford says the part is on national back order. We finally pulled one out of another 7.3 PSD to get him back on the road.

NAPA was unable to get me upper radiator hoses for two of our 7.3 PSDs last week. Long term out of stock. I found plenty on Amazon, curious. Similar story on numerous other parts at NAPA. Long waits, high shipping costs from another retail store in another state.

Tractor Supply was a great source for oils, fluids and coolant at low prices in large containers. I used to buy pails of Rotella T4 there, but that's dried up, as has Howes diesel treatment and Rotella ELC. The only CK-4 15w-40 oil they have recently in pails is their house brand. I researched it and spoke with the seller. It's good oil. so I keep 3 pails in stock (the PSD needs 13 quarts per oilchange). But I have to stop weekly at TSC to nab one, it's often out of stock too. The hardware section at TSC is full of holes now.

I could go on but you get the point. Look over your home stock and see what you have. Shortages are looming. Plan ahead. A home fuel tank is a great idea. Ours is 1000 gallons, and the overall cost for delivered diesel is usually lower than at the pump.

Parts supply warning. Stock up now. A few data points we've spotted:

I can't find Rotella T6 anymore except in small bottles. The local WalMart Auto Center is managed by a friend. He's having trouble getting Rotella and other brands, even for the oil changes the Center does. He's having many other supply issues, big time.

My son had a failed Ford reman HPOP on his PSD (OBS but a newer SD motor). Ford has been unable to get him a replacement, for nearly two months now. Ford says the part is on national back order. We finally pulled one out of another 7.3 PSD to get him back on the road.

NAPA was unable to get me upper radiator hoses for two of our 7.3 PSDs last week. Long term out of stock. I found plenty on Amazon, curious. Similar story on numerous other parts at NAPA. Long waits, high shipping costs from another retail store in another state.

Tractor Supply was a great source for oils, fluids and coolant at low prices in large containers. I used to buy pails of Rotella T4 there, but that's dried up, as has Howes diesel treatment and Rotella ELC. The only CK-4 15w-40 oil they have recently in pails is their house brand. I researched it and spoke with the seller. It's good oil. so I keep 3 pails in stock (the PSD needs 13 quarts per oilchange). But I have to stop weekly at TSC to nab one, it's often out of stock too. The hardware section at TSC is full of holes now.

I could go on but you get the point. Look over your home stock and see what you have. Shortages are looming. Plan ahead. A home fuel tank is a great idea. Ours is 1000 gallons, and the overall cost for delivered diesel is usually lower than at the pump.

That's a good heads-up. Janey is awaiting a paper/fabric cutting machine, and it is somewhere between the ships off California and OKC. No one seems to know where it is, but they can't find drivers to bring it.

That's a good heads-up. Janey is awaiting a paper/fabric cutting machine, and it is somewhere between the ships off California and OKC. No one seems to know where it is, but they can't find drivers to bring it.

Not a Ford, but given the context I think that might even be a good thing. We were driving back from my folks cabin a few weeks ago and saw this lawn ornament in fron of a lawn services company. We had to stop for a few pictures!

DSC_2339.jpg.7d45aa06bab700aebc3c826db76bcb6c.jpg

Not a Ford, but given the context I think that might even be a good thing. We were driving back from my folks cabin a few weeks ago and saw this lawn ornament in fron of a lawn services company. We had to stop for a few pictures!

That's pretty cool! I like the waterfall out of the grille. :nabble_smiley_good:

Cool. I like it as well.

Well, this isn't exactly Ford, but it sure has baked hundreds of Ford parts: my powder coating oven.

I reported recently that one of the heating elements burned up. But "up" doesn't quite do it justice. Here's what's left of it. And I'll tell you up front that I've found a new heating element, a WB44X200, which has screw-terminal connections instead of the 1/4" disconnect ones the one below has. So for $18 inc shipping I'll be back in business.

Left_Oven_Heating_Element_Fragments.thumb.jpg.d926d3ca7df203058de47b909b7a8c71.jpg

I knew that was bad, but what I didn't know was what the wire feeding it looked like. Turns out that whomever made the oven used the wrong type of wire and there's about 4" of insulation gone from that wire. :nabble_smiley_oh: But I have some high-temp wire I salvaged from an oven project, so I'll replace the melted stuff with the right kind of wire.

Melted_Oven_Wiring_Insulation.thumb.jpg.ae1c9bb1ed8fe6a9549c2b957252eb04.jpg

I started w/a Mossberg 20 gauge bolt-action and screw-on chokes. Was pretty good w/it. But Dad traded it for a 12 gauge Remington auto for my birthday and told me it had a modified choke. That would have been in June, and on Sept 1st, my brother's birthday and the traditional opening day for dove here, we went dove hunting and I couldn't hit anything.

Finally I got to looking it over closely and it did have an M on one side, but on the other it said Full. Next dove that got up dropped pretty quickly, just a bit farther out. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I did learn that there is a big difference between a 20 and a modified choke and a 12 with a full choke. If I were in your environment I'd want the 20. But for pheasant in our situation the 12 is the gun. I've not shot a 28 so can't comment.

As for hunting dogs, I just saw this on FB and thought of you: :nabble_smiley_oh:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n106257/121263000_3546074068768909_4516547940339994392_n.jpg

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n106257/121263000_3546074068768909_4516547940339994392_n.jpg

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I met some friends at "Ford's Garage" (Ford themed restaurant) this weekend, and was appalled at what I saw out front.

It had the metal straps on the ends, so it was an 80-82 tailgate. :nabble_smiley_angry:

20211106_194511.jpg.061f5c0ce91556ea50e0b35e7355eed7.jpg