Bullnose Forums

Which Grille Do You Think Looks Better on My Truck?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have decided that I personally think the colorless/white parking light lenses look better with the 1980/1981 grille, while the amber parking light lenses look better with the 1982 - 1986 grille.

So if I decide to keep the 1980/1981 grille on my truck, I will go with the colorless/white parking light lenses.

But what about the headlight doors?

Ford used chrome and Argent headlight doors with the 1980/1981 chrome grille, and used chrome and Dark Charcoal headlight doors with the 1982 - 1986 grille.

Do you think the Argent color looks better with the earlier grille (and colorless/White parking light lenses), or Dark Charcoal?

Or better yet, do you think the Argent color would go better with my Dark Canyon Red paint, or Dark Charcoal?

I think you should decide what you like, and go with that.

I think you should decide what you like, and go with that.

I had the inner bars of the grille and headlight buckets blacked out on my F150 and I preferred that look over anything else. But that's just it, I preferred it. Like Ray said, do what you feel looks good.

DSCN0746_zps52c626cc.jpg.167610f92dc663f7b9d74e43f8ee25d1.jpg

I had the inner bars of the grille and headlight buckets blacked out on my F150 and I preferred that look over anything else. But that's just it, I preferred it. Like Ray said, do what you feel looks good.

That looks really nice, Salans!

When you say you painted the inner bars, do you mean just the inner [recessed] horizontal bars, or ALL of the inner gray parts?

That looks really nice, Salans!

When you say you painted the inner bars, do you mean just the inner [recessed] horizontal bars, or ALL of the inner gray parts?

I believe I painted everything that was argent.

I did the same to my F350, with exception to the grille which is an all black reproduction.

DSCN2039.jpg.5cab2d365b8f4be9231c8252aa93cd3e.jpg