Bullnose Forums

Which Grille Do You Think Looks Better on My Truck?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those are the same type mirrors that I have on Lucille, except those are black. I have never seen black ones before. Perhaps they were intended for the XLS trim line?

The 1983 Ranger/Bronco II and standard pickup F-Series trucks used black *plastic* mirrors, and they folded in like a flag:

https://www.amazon.com/Driver-Textured-Mirror-1983-1992-1984-1990/dp/B07FF8JLMV/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=Ford+Ranger+side+mirrors&qid=1562945937&s=gateway&sr=8-15

No, not in person. The 1985 Ford F-Series brochure shows a picture of them on the standard pickup. Note the E3 part number. I think those mirrors were originally intended for the compact Ranger that debuted in 1983.

Except for the one Flareside I saved pics of on Ebay, I have never seen the paddle mirrors on another Bullnose.

.....Would it look odd to see the F O R D letters stretched across the center of the hood (1980/1981 style), combined with the FORD letters closer together and on the right of the tailgate trim panel (1985/1986 style)?

Im a factory guy when it comes to emblems on these trucks. I am not a huge fan of debaging, and not a huge fan of moving emblems around. IMHO, the hood should stay bare, or with the FORD in factory location. Remember, the definition of beauty is symmetry.

I changed the parking lenses from amber to white (or colorless), and I think it made a noticeable difference in the looks. I think the clear lenses look much better with the 1980/1981 grille:

G6.thumb.jpg.f7f46cbf5156c44cc97f5aefcc388548.jpg

G5.thumb.jpg.d3ab783b480306cdd951455bae502164.jpg

G1.thumb.jpg.3cb952ca94f39b44f91eddc5b89679bf.jpg

Should I make another post with a poll, "Amber or White Parking Lens?"

I changed the parking lenses from amber to white (or colorless), and I think it made a noticeable difference in the looks. I think the clear lenses look much better with the 1980/1981 grille:

Should I make another post with a poll, "Amber or White Parking Lens?"

The clear look better with any year grill IMHO

I agree, the clear park lenses do look better with the 80-81 grille, it's part of why I prefer 1980 trucks over 1981.

Here is one more I took today, parked next to a truck with a later grille. It is amazing how much different these trucks look with a different grille, different color parking lamp lenses, and bumper guards and rub strips look from each other:

G9b.jpg.596bff30ee5ba0477ee7338d6becd270.jpg

Here is one more I took today, parked next to a truck with a later grille. It is amazing how much different these trucks look with a different grille, different color parking lamp lenses, and bumper guards and rub strips look from each other:

Screenshot_20190714-195417_Video_Player.jpg.ba0101dd1941562baec9334e4bfb5e81.jpgI think the way i have mine looks the best. Straight chrome bumper with no guards, late grill, clear indicators.

I think the way i have mine looks the best. Straight chrome bumper with no guards, late grill, clear indicators.

I much prefer the rub strips and bumper guards over the plain chrome bumper on the Bullnoses.

And I think the white parking lenses go better with your blue truck.

But I am beginning to think the amber parking lenses go better with my red/brown truck.

However, I don't think the amber parking lenses look as good with the earlier grille. So, I might go back to amber parking lenses and the stock grille with the Ford oval.

• 5 months later...

I much prefer the rub strips and bumper guards over the plain chrome bumper on the Bullnoses.

And I think the white parking lenses go better with your blue truck.

But I am beginning to think the amber parking lenses go better with my red/brown truck.

However, I don't think the amber parking lenses look as good with the earlier grille. So, I might go back to amber parking lenses and the stock grille with the Ford oval.

I have decided that I personally think the colorless/white parking light lenses look better with the 1980/1981 grille, while the amber parking light lenses look better with the 1982 - 1986 grille.

So if I decide to keep the 1980/1981 grille on my truck, I will go with the colorless/white parking light lenses.

But what about the headlight doors?

Ford used chrome and Argent headlight doors with the 1980/1981 chrome grille, and used chrome and Dark Charcoal headlight doors with the 1982 - 1986 grille.

Do you think the Argent color looks better with the earlier grille (and colorless/White parking light lenses), or Dark Charcoal?

Or better yet, do you think the Argent color would go better with my Dark Canyon Red paint, or Dark Charcoal?