Bullnose Forums

1980 F100 Ranger Lariat Trailer Special

Found this little guy. I didn't even know the Trailer Special package was offered on F100's considering how the highest GVWR is 5150. Looks like it's pretty well optioned too, with the Light Group, Security Lock Group, Under-hood Toolbox, Tilt Wheel, etc. The gauge cluster is lacking though, with no tach and what looks to be idiot lights. Definitely not a $5k truck, maybe $2k. And that's from a guy that loves his 80-81s.

1980 F100 Ranger Lariat Trailer Special

Brown.jpg.ecbccd9dc65938ade60cc752030ececa.jpg

I'll check the '80 dealer facts book tomorrow, but I didn't think the Trailering Special package was available on an F100.

My brochures don't exclude the F100, and my recreation brochure has a note under the Heavy Duty Trailer Special package that the heavy duty handling package would be available for F100/F150 4x2 in Feb 1980.

So I guess it was an option, although this one has the light duty package since it has idiot lights.

My brochures don't exclude the F100, and my recreation brochure has a note under the Heavy Duty Trailer Special package that the heavy duty handling package would be available for F100/F150 4x2 in Feb 1980.

So I guess it was an option, although this one has the light duty package since it has idiot lights.

I can't figure out what options got you the Trailering Special emblems. Nothing I can find explains that.