Bullnose Forums

New member.

Hello everyone, I just purchase'd an 84 F350, 2wd, crew cab with a 300 I-6 w/a 4spd mt, I've never seen a 1 ton with a 6 banger, the guy told me that he ran the vin and that's what it was manufactured with, I find it hard to believe but I guess I'll eventually find out for sure. I'm Picking up my new project tomorrow south of Dallas and driving her back to Houston. Anyone that wants to share info on their thoughts and experiences on the best suppliers for parts, especially stuff like interior trim, or whatever y'all feel will help me in my quest for finding parts new or used to restore this beast would be greatly appreciated. It's been quite a few years since I've owned a Ford product, so the research begins. Pics coming soon.

Thanks to all,

Kelly

Yes, welcome! David is right, the 300 was used in lots of big trucks inc aircraft tugs, many of which are still in use.

You said "Houston", but is it really? We used to live in Katy but would tell people Houston if out of state as they rarely knew where Katy is. Anyway, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map on the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you give me the town.

As for parts, LMC, Dennis Carpenter, and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard have interior parts, and it varies by vendor what is available. Other sources are salvages and people like us as we do sell or swap from time to time.

You'll want to start a new thread about your truck in the main section to keep track of what you are doing, get input, etc. But, w/o pic's IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Yes, welcome! David is right, the 300 was used in lots of big trucks inc aircraft tugs, many of which are still in use.You said "Houston", but is it really? We used to live in Katy but would tell people Houston if out of state as they rarely knew where Katy is. Anyway, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map on the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you give me the town.As for parts, LMC, Dennis Carpenter, and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard have interior parts, and it varies by vendor what is available. Other sources are salvages and people like us as we do sell or swap from time to time.You'll want to start a new thread about your truck in the main section to keep track of what you are doing, get input, etc. But, w/o pic's IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! :nabble_smiley_wink:
Ok you got me, I'm really in Pearland, out south of Houston, but exactly, everyone says, "where's Pearland?". Definitely interested in finding out if there's anyone out my direction. As soon as I pick up this beast I'll take a few before pics.Cheers

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019, 1:02 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Yes, welcome! David is right, the 300 was used in lots of big trucks inc aircraft tugs, many of which are still in use.You said "Houston", but is it really? We used to live in Katy but would tell people Houston if out of state as they rarely knew where Katy is. Anyway, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map on the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you give me the town.As for parts, LMC, Dennis Carpenter, and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard have interior parts, and it varies by vendor what is available. Other sources are salvages and people like us as we do sell or swap from time to time.You'll want to start a new thread about your truck in the main section to keep track of what you are doing, get input, etc. But, w/o pic's IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! :nabble_smiley_wink:
Oh and thanks for the supplier info, I thought of LMC just hadn't looked them up yet, thought they only did Chevy but wasn't sure. 

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019, 1:02 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote: