Bullnose Forums

Lucky 81' F100

ETM

- Firewall reinforcement bracket (Thinking Bronco Graveyard)

I don't think there's much choice these days. I think they're the only ones selling a bracket.

Congrats on the trans. I really like mine, and all things considered it was a pretty easy swap.

Exactly.

I have an M5OD in my Ranger that I swapped in after I blew up the automatic, and it's been a solid transmission for the 100k+ miles I've put on it. I think it has around 210,000 miles on it now and the 3rd gear synchro is a little unhappy, but that's what rev-matching is for. I can't even be mad, I taught myself to drive stick on this transmission, and it came from a Ranger that was rolled over about five times, so it's had a rough life. :nabble_smiley_good:

- Firewall reinforcement bracket (Thinking Bronco Graveyard)

I don't think there's much choice these days. I think they're the only ones selling a bracket.

Congrats on the trans. I really like mine, and all things considered it was a pretty easy swap.

Short one, since collecting the trans, I've been ordered some parts and cuts some holes. Have the Trans tunnel cut out, and the cover painted and ready to install. Needed to get the steering column out the rest of the way. Stuck on the Linkages and how to undo them, have an spare column that is ruff an would like to rebuild it this winter. So, my plan it just to rock the 3 on the tree column till then. past that need to blast out some holes of the master and get my Bronco Grave Yard Firewall Kit, Yet to remove my 3.03 trans to see if my fly wheel is duel drilled for an 11' clutch, Auto parts store can next day me one for not much more then Rock-Auto, Canadian problems. Still some other odds and ends I like to get, but are not 100% needed.

IMG_20200919_093057.jpg.8e8fc4b197f7c5eb9851f677d679997a.jpg

Got the Fresh Shifter rebuild kit feels nice an tight.

IMG_20200919_095637.jpg.1ab1bfd5c70df27628e2abb51d0ecc7c.jpg

Crazy to me that message an local guy and he has the part that I need.

IMG_20200919_095642.jpg.0e7490e8bf564af5843ec5134ba4080b.jpg

So Mat Black for the pedals to take off the surface rust.

This is still 100% a Farm Truck and will be treated as such. But I do like trying to do an job right. Will post some more tomorrow, should have the Trans out.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/money-flying-23_orig.png

Anyone know of to remove the Linkages from the column.

Short one, since collecting the trans, I've been ordered some parts and cuts some holes. Have the Trans tunnel cut out, and the cover painted and ready to install. Needed to get the steering column out the rest of the way. Stuck on the Linkages and how to undo them, have an spare column that is ruff an would like to rebuild it this winter. So, my plan it just to rock the 3 on the tree column till then. past that need to blast out some holes of the master and get my Bronco Grave Yard Firewall Kit, Yet to remove my 3.03 trans to see if my fly wheel is duel drilled for an 11' clutch, Auto parts store can next day me one for not much more then Rock-Auto, Canadian problems. Still some other odds and ends I like to get, but are not 100% needed.

Got the Fresh Shifter rebuild kit feels nice an tight.

Crazy to me that message an local guy and he has the part that I need.

So Mat Black for the pedals to take off the surface rust.

This is still 100% a Farm Truck and will be treated as such. But I do like trying to do an job right. Will post some more tomorrow, should have the Trans out.

:nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

Anyone know of to remove the Linkages from the column.

Tranny cover looks good. :nabble_smiley_good:

On the steering column, the factory shop manual section is here: Documentation/Interior/Steering Column. It appears to have the 3-speed linkage instructions on Page 18.

In the steering column, the factory shop manual section is here: Documentation/Interior/Steering Column. It appears to have the 3-speed linkage instructions on Page 18.

Thanks, Messaged Cory. He suggest to use some Channel Locks, Got them out in less then a Min.

Made some more Progress today, still have more work to do. Got the trans and clutch and flywheel all off, see that I have a duel drilled flywheel, hopefully it can be re-surfaced.

IMG_20200920_133346.jpg.ac8013703e2317c846c8613fd4dcd22e.jpg

Was not sure an Early 81' would have it but glad hope is it is save-able.

My greasy trans.

IMG_20200920_123229.jpg.79c461b38525468d334038febf5b6444.jpg

Refreshed the pedals, Painted an greased the movements, Found the Clutch pedal for Hydro and Manual is the same, just the rod is holds it all is different, it starting to feel like I'm going to complete it. Trying to have it all completed for a meet next weekend.

IMG_20200920_134621.jpg.a127c1e4b2003eff98e9ec900c709f2d.jpg

In the steering column, the factory shop manual section is here: Documentation/Interior/Steering Column. It appears to have the 3-speed linkage instructions on Page 18.

Thanks, Messaged Cory. He suggest to use some Channel Locks, Got them out in less then a Min.

Made some more Progress today, still have more work to do. Got the trans and clutch and flywheel all off, see that I have a duel drilled flywheel, hopefully it can be re-surfaced.

Was not sure an Early 81' would have it but glad hope is it is save-able.

My greasy trans.

Refreshed the pedals, Painted an greased the movements, Found the Clutch pedal for Hydro and Manual is the same, just the rod is holds it all is different, it starting to feel like I'm going to complete it. Trying to have it all completed for a meet next weekend.

Looks good, Eric! Well done. :nabble_smiley_good:

And I'll bet that flywheel can easily be surfaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally, your truck likely had a 10" clutch. The flywheel is drilled to accept an 11" clutch, as well.

100%, happy it is duel drilled getting it re-surfaced today should have it together tomorrow night :nabble_smiley_cool:

So got the clutch back from the machine shop didn't take any pictures of it but will be going back lol :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: Bad things a coming.

PXL_20200929_224005175.jpg.3ee45052434620f316d8565f3fe67a30.jpg

Fresh everything, clutch and flywheel, pilot bearing and rear main sear. Don't own that tools to pull the stuff so had to make do what what I had.

PXL_20200929_225533052.jpg.15d2182f0647da283135c85b161976e9.jpg

Some Scrap metal cut and got it out in a couple mins

PXL_20200926_161943640.jpg.0ddfd0f6d1e99132af32e7c110fc50bf.jpg

Think this worked better then some slide hammer pullers.

Will be getting the trans in hopefully this weekend, will have more time.

So got the clutch back from the machine shop didn't take any pictures of it but will be going back lol :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig: Bad things a coming.

Fresh everything, clutch and flywheel, pilot bearing and rear main sear. Don't own that tools to pull the stuff so had to make do what what I had.

Some Scrap metal cut and got it out in a couple mins

Think this worked better then some slide hammer pullers.

Will be getting the trans in hopefully this weekend, will have more time.

Not sure I understand. "...but will be doing back lol Bad things a coming." Are you saying they didn't do a good job?

But good job on the pilot bearing. And hope you get the tranny in this weekend! :nabble_smiley_good: