Bullnose Forums

Accelerator Pump Diaphragm Part number- Other Carbs that Match?

Alex - Name's not Bill, it is Gary. Guess I should put that in my sig? :nabble_smiley_evil:

On the 2150, while it isn't technically a thread, we do have a page on that carb: Fuel Systems/Carb's, Chokes, & EFI/Motorcraft 2150. And Bill has some tips in there.

Bill - Anything you want to add to the tips tab just let me know. Your expertise is invaluable.

Yes, probably should on the accelerator pump diaphragm section:

Early model 2100 carbs (pre-1964) had a long plunger on the pump diaphragm, and used a inlet check ball accessible through a special screw with a gasket under it. These also had a plastic filler block behind the diaphragm. On these carburetors the cone shaped spring goes small end in. All others go small end out.

When the 2150 was introduced, Ford went back to a plunger, most kits for these contain the diaphragm without the extended "stem" and have a short piece of round bar stock to extend the plunger.

On all 2100/2150 models the larger side center on the diaphragm goes out, small rivet head goes inside.

Other note, this carburetor was in production for a long time with very few changes to the basic design, in my shop we stocked 3 different brands of kits and all of them covered from 1958 (1957 was different enough to have a unique kit) till we sold it in 1978. As long as you know what year it came off, then you can get the settings. A partial number is stamped on the outside of the front left mounting ear. If you can't find a number, pick a vehicle with a similar engine and tell the parts store that, trust me it will work.

For those into performance, the left side of the bowl has a number cast into it, like 1.08, 1.14, or 1.33, these number represent the venturii size in inches, 1.33 was the biggest, and was used on 1970-71 429 engines, may have been on the 410 Mercury engines also.

Yes, probably should on the accelerator pump diaphragm section:

Early model 2100 carbs (pre-1964) had a long plunger on the pump diaphragm, and used a inlet check ball accessible through a special screw with a gasket under it. These also had a plastic filler block behind the diaphragm. On these carburetors the cone shaped spring goes small end in. All others go small end out.

When the 2150 was introduced, Ford went back to a plunger, most kits for these contain the diaphragm without the extended "stem" and have a short piece of round bar stock to extend the plunger.

On all 2100/2150 models the larger side center on the diaphragm goes out, small rivet head goes inside.

Other note, this carburetor was in production for a long time with very few changes to the basic design, in my shop we stocked 3 different brands of kits and all of them covered from 1958 (1957 was different enough to have a unique kit) till we sold it in 1978. As long as you know what year it came off, then you can get the settings. A partial number is stamped on the outside of the front left mounting ear. If you can't find a number, pick a vehicle with a similar engine and tell the parts store that, trust me it will work.

For those into performance, the left side of the bowl has a number cast into it, like 1.08, 1.14, or 1.33, these number represent the venturii size in inches, 1.33 was the biggest, and was used on 1970-71 429 engines, may have been on the 410 Mercury engines also.

Bill - Thanks. I added it to your tips on the 2150 page.