Bullnose Forums

87 FLARESIDE FIND WITH OLD STYLE BED

I actually like these trucks...I think because of the rareness of them...a one year wonder, and the very last year of the old style Flareside bed, as he mentioned in the ad. Has the original style strips in the bed too.

The only odd thing...and somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, is the 5spd. That must have been swapped in. I thought that the M5OD 5spd trans didn't show up until 1988. The 87's were still 4spds, no?

Still, nice lookin' old truck.

I actually like these trucks...I think because of the rareness of them...a one year wonder, and the very last year of the old style Flareside bed, as he mentioned in the ad. Has the original style strips in the bed too.

The only odd thing...and somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, is the 5spd. That must have been swapped in. I thought that the M5OD 5spd trans didn't show up until 1988. The 87's were still 4spds, no?

Still, nice lookin' old truck.

Not sure on the 5-sp....

According to the master parts catalog, you are correct. Go here: Driveline/Transmissions/Manual Transmissions/Manual Transmission Applications and go to the Sorted By Transmission tab - and wait until it loads. That shows that the first 5-speed was '88 and that was what Ford called the T.K., with the ZF not coming until '89.