Bullnose Forums

Quad shock mounting brackets... [used]

That's a good deal compared to buying the new aftermarket parts. They'd be cheaper in a junkyard of course, but A LOT of work to remove....well...here in the land of rust at least.

I was wondering how hard it would be to make quad brackets for an F250/350. :nabble_anim_confused:

I was wondering how hard it would be to make quad brackets for an F250/350. :nabble_anim_confused:

Buy them from Sky.

Yes, but at $238 for the brackets and another $190 for shocks we are talking about real money. And I seriously doubt I'll be doing anything with the truck that will warrant that much shock. In fact, it might hurt the ride.

Also, what shocks? I know that when I bought shocks for Dad's truck the tech at Monroe said that their set for the quad shock applications has different valving for the front shock vs the rear shock. Does anyone have that for an F350?

I did look at the quad shock arrangement on Sky and their picture, below, seems to show the same shock front & rear as both part #'s end with "52". So it looks like they are just doubling up.

IMG_0837_6d09e26f-30e5-468f-b2df-5363601660b0_1024x1024@2x.thumb.jpg.59fca4c5daec35344b84fa76d75ef0cc.jpg

Yes, but at $238 for the brackets and another $190 for shocks we are talking about real money. And I seriously doubt I'll be doing anything with the truck that will warrant that much shock. In fact, it might hurt the ride.

Also, what shocks? I know that when I bought shocks for Dad's truck the tech at Monroe said that their set for the quad shock applications has different valving for the front shock vs the rear shock. Does anyone have that for an F350?

I did look at the quad shock arrangement on Sky and their picture, below, seems to show the same shock front & rear as both part #'s end with "52". So it looks like they are just doubling up.

I'm willing to bet they just double up like most of the guys did in the 70's-80's. Probably not the optimal way, but as you've discovered, the folks at Sky are far from experts.

I'm willing to bet they just double up like most of the guys did in the 70's-80's. Probably not the optimal way, but as you've discovered, the folks at Sky are far from experts.

Yes, I'd bet they just double up. I'm happy to go with singles as I think they'll get the job done w/o being harsh.

Yes, I'd bet they just double up. I'm happy to go with singles as I think they'll get the job done w/o being harsh.

Bilsteins are generally regarded as the best you can get. I have them on the front of my Ranger and they definitely make a difference with that horrible torsion bar front suspension.

Bilsteins are generally regarded as the best you can get. I have them on the front of my Ranger and they definitely make a difference with that horrible torsion bar front suspension.

Yep. Big Blue already has them all the way around, but the ones that Sky sells, the 5100 series, are specifically for lifted applications using stock mounts.