Bullnose Forums

New Member with '53 F100 & '83 F100

danlee58

Don't know about the solenoids, but current control is hard with solid state devices. Which is why most are set up for binary use. So, pulse width is much easier - both to implement as well as on the output device itself.

I think I'm happy to buy the stuff in and use it. :nabble_smiley_wink:

High current sink, as in over an amp?

Mother boards and daughter boards. Boy, that takes me back a long, long way to Honeywell computers. DEC's didn't use that arrangement, but the Honeybuckets sure did. And in something like this usage it is a very neat and useful layout.

High current sink, as in over an amp?

Mother boards and daughter boards. Boy, that takes me back a long, long way to Honeywell computers. DEC's didn't use that arrangement, but the Honeybuckets sure did. And in something like this usage it is a very neat and useful layout.

These are the drivers. They are rated at 500ma current sink, and they have built-in snubber diodes. I am using one of these in my '83 with no difficulties.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/uln2003a.pdf.

The Coridium controller can do pulse width modulation easily. I think that there was a change in the EPC, when Ford went to PWM from current control. I'll research that.

These are the drivers. They are rated at 500ma current sink, and they have built-in snubber diodes. I am using one of these in my '83 with no difficulties.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/uln2003a.pdf.

The Coridium controller can do pulse width modulation easily. I think that there was a change in the EPC, when Ford went to PWM from current control. I'll research that.

Those are very capable. Easily driven, wide voltage range, and can be paralleled for greater current. Thanks. 👌

Those are very capable. Easily driven, wide voltage range, and can be paralleled for greater current. Thanks. 👌
Mark at FTE says that the E4OD EPC was always Current Control, never PWM. It was the TCC that changed from On/Off to PWM in 1999. 

From: Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

To: danlee58 <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2017 7:55 AM

Subject: Re: New Member with '53 F100 & '83 F100

Those are very capable. Easily driven, wide voltage range, and can be paralleled for greater current. Thanks. 👌 Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/New-Member-with-53-F100-83-F100-tp3066p3094.html

To unsubscribe from New Member with '53 F100 & '83 F100, click here.
NAML

Ok, then the information I had on my tuning software was wrong. I know it does allow for raising the line pressure during shifts to prevent slipping and it is a reverse operation, 0 volts or current = max pressure.
Right, Zero current = max pressure. In case of power failure to the transmission, you will get hard shifts.

From: 85lebaront2 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

To: danlee58 <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 10:35 AM

Subject: Re: New Member with '53 F100 & '83 F100

Ok, then the information I had on my tuning software was wrong. I know it does allow for raising the line pressure during shifts to prevent slipping and it is a reverse operation, 0 volts or current = max pressure. "Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional"
Darth Vader 1986 F-350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD
2011 Flex
1994 Taurus LX
1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible project car

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/New-Member-with-53-F100-83-F100-tp3066p3146.html

To unsubscribe from New Member with '53 F100 & '83 F100, click here.
NAML