Bullnose Forums

Flareside rear tag

Yeah that was just a for example, because some poeple don't realize there was an earlier numbering system. yeah I have no idea about those numbers either? And FOMOCO was dropped off parts at some point, don't remember that either now :( But it was a heck of a long time ago, so seeing it on a plastic light is weird :)

I like it-It's simple, functional and no worry about a dedicated light for the plate illumination in the position below the bumper.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

The "6C3*" prefix is 2006 Super Duty. That light is from a cab and chassis truck, F350-F650.

Beginning in 2000, Ford changed the meaning of part number prefixes.

Now, the first digit is the model year (corresponding to the 10th digit of a VIN), the second and third digits represent the vehicle model line, and the fourth digit is now always the letter Z to signify a service part.

This rule applies to part numbers, NOT engineering numbers.

Anyone confused?? lol

Beginning in 2000, Ford changed the meaning of part number prefixes.

Now, the first digit is the model year (corresponding to the 10th digit of a VIN), the second and third digits represent the vehicle model line, and the fourth digit is now always the letter Z to signify a service part.

This rule applies to part numbers, NOT engineering numbers.

Anyone confused?? lol

I don't think I'm confused. More curious.

So, if the first digit is the model year code then it uses this table?

6769691.jpg.bb5e13c6c30614e9424ad2dc2018ae2d.jpg

But, help me understand the "vehicle model line". Previous to that change the first character of the part number followed this table for the 3rd digit, with "T" being light truck and "E" being the vans. So what table do they now use?

Part_Number_Codes.thumb.jpg.6b6c1cd2f82366e1aff890ded19ef246.jpg

I don't think I'm confused. More curious.

So, if the first digit is the model year code then it uses this table?

But, help me understand the "vehicle model line". Previous to that change the first character of the part number followed this table for the 3rd digit, with "T" being light truck and "E" being the vans. So what table do they now use?

You're correct on the year designation. Model designation is now two digits.

C3 is Super Duty

R3 is old Ranger

C2 is Econoline

K4 is Transit

L1 is F150...

CK4Z would be a 2012 Transit, for example.

I'll see if I can find a table that I can paste on here while I'm at work today.

You're correct on the year designation. Model designation is now two digits.

C3 is Super Duty

R3 is old Ranger

C2 is Econoline

K4 is Transit

L1 is F150...

CK4Z would be a 2012 Transit, for example.

I'll see if I can find a table that I can paste on here while I'm at work today.

That would be helpful. And, that might be the impetus for me to create a page on how to decode part numbers. I could have two tabs, one for up through 1999 and one for after.

That would be helpful. And, that might be the impetus for me to create a page on how to decode part numbers. I could have two tabs, one for up through 1999 and one for after.

I do make the correct one now...

Sorry Pete, that's not "correct" for the 80's series:nabble_anim_blbl: