Bullnose Forums

Flareside rear tag

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look what I found today at the Pick & Pull.. from an 81 Flareside.

I don't have the resources to fabricate using this as a model, and this example is rough, but if anyone can use it to help make a facsimile, I'll be your first customer.

If anyone can use it, PM me and I'll get it out in the post Monday.

81_Flareside_License_Bracket.jpg.36f585ac3167020219d65141a94fa660.jpg

Look what I found today at the Pick & Pull.. from an 81 Flareside.

I don't have the resources to fabricate using this as a model, and this example is rough, but if anyone can use it to help make a facsimile, I'll be your first customer.

If anyone can use it, PM me and I'll get it out in the post Monday.

Neat find and a good offer. 👍

I ended up with what I really wanted, the tag mounted on the left light. I found a light with the metal ( not plastic ) tag bracket bolted to it. Funny that's its obviously newer, but has a Ford number on it :)

Hi Pete, when you get a chance, will you post a pic and part #?

Hi Pete, when you get a chance, will you post a pic and part #?

I'd like to see this light mounted tag bracket as well. My '84 has the original plate bracket, but I was thinking of removing it...I just didn't know where to put the plate. I'm currently driving around with the plate in the glovebox...lol.

I'd like to see this light mounted tag bracket as well. My '84 has the original plate bracket, but I was thinking of removing it...I just didn't know where to put the plate. I'm currently driving around with the plate in the glovebox...lol.

This is a light made by the same company that supplied Ford. And this number is the style that was used before the common numbers people think of by Ford. They didn't used to start with a letter representing a decade.

light_number.jpg.9ce268e6c5a85bd69a0905835b9d8daf.jpg

light_tag_bracket.jpg.189fba67d2a6d1ab0d1f26ffa66de369.jpg

This is a light made by the same company that supplied Ford. And this number is the style that was used before the common numbers people think of by Ford. They didn't used to start with a letter representing a decade.

Looks like "6C3? 13405-AA" The 13405-AA is proper, but the 6 is strange. Might it be a "G"? If so, that would be the 2000 decade, which odd. Hmmmm.

Looks like "6C3? 13405-AA" The 13405-AA is proper, but the 6 is strange. Might it be a "G"? If so, that would be the 2000 decade, which odd. Hmmmm.

Look at the numbers from the '50s Gary, before things were C1AE, for example.Another example, this is a head for an early T-Bird: EAN6052A. So I wondered if this light was using a number from the 50s or even earlier?? Just a thought. The light is plastic, so not that old. Thats why having FOMOCO on it is strange :) I can't think of the light supplier right now . .their name starts with G . . .someone here will know.

Look at the numbers from the '50s Gary, before things were C1AE, for example.Another example, this is a head for an early T-Bird: EAN6052A. So I wondered if this light was using a number from the 50s or even earlier?? Just a thought. The light is plastic, so not that old. Thats why having FOMOCO on it is strange :) I can't think of the light supplier right now . .their name starts with G . . .someone here will know.

EAN 6052-A: :nabble_smiley_wink:

EAN_6052-A.thumb.jpg.926dd609a821cc614a56e153f5d47237.jpg

But, I don't know what to make of the numbers on that light. :nabble_anim_confused:

EAN 6052-A: :nabble_smiley_wink:

But, I don't know what to make of the numbers on that light. :nabble_anim_confused:

Yeah that was just a for example, because some poeple don't realize there was an earlier numbering system. yeah I have no idea about those numbers either? And FOMOCO was dropped off parts at some point, don't remember that either now :( But it was a heck of a long time ago, so seeing it on a plastic light is weird :)