Bullnose Forums

Just bought an 85 F250 - 87,000 miles CLEAN

Hello Bullnose Enthusiasts!!!

Just picked up a 1985 F250 4x4 with 87,000 original miles. Looks pretty much stock except for the radio.

I bought her from a gentleman who bought it from an 86 year old lady 3 or 4 months ago. He drives 30 miles each way to work and this thing was eating him up on gas so his wife made him sell it. The older ladies son owned it for a long time, maybe original owner not quite sure. This man obviously loved this truck because it is really nice, BEAUTIFUL interior, straight body except for some rust and a ding or 2. You don't find trucks like this in original condition any more. I feel very lucky!! My original intention was to make this into a farm truck to trailer my tractor and work around the property, but it might be too nice for that. Oh yeah I only paid $2600 for this beauty! Here are some pictures.

KIMG1651.jpg.9e226e5aa4aebc66d91987722af4ac24.jpg

KIMG1652.jpg.ca158ff6d144cbfb6af66a68a9b8bb90.jpg

I am a HUGE believer that a good forum is an INVALUABLE tool for navigating through life's challenges.

From what I have seen in my limited browsing of this forum, this is a good one and I am happy to be joining. I look forward to utilizing the VAST knowledge of this forum to navigate my (hopefully few) challenges with my new Ford.

Welcome! Glad you found us. :nabble_anim_handshake:

That's a very nice truck. How 'bout creating a signature that tells us what it is and has so we don't have to ask when you have those hopefully-few challenges?

But, in your pic I see a shift lever on the column, suggesting it is an auto. However, on the floor I see what may be a second shift lever for a manual transmission. Am I seeing things?

And, where's home? I ask because we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had a town/city.

That's a very nice truck. How 'bout creating a signature that tells us what it is and has so we don't have to ask when you have those hopefully-few challenges?

But, in your pic I see a shift lever on the column, suggesting it is an auto. However, on the floor I see what may be a second shift lever for a manual transmission. Am I seeing things?

And, where's home? I ask because we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had a town/city.

Hi Gary. Thanks!

Yes it is an auto, that shifter on the floor is for the 4 wheel drive. I will make a signature line right now.

Thanks for creating this community!

Forgot to mention I am in Chattanooga, TN

Oh yeah! I would also like to thank the person (I'm assuming Gary) who has accumulated all that excellent information about these trucks!

Thanks! But I've had a lot of help finding the documents, writing how-to's, etc. So it has been a community effort.