Bullnose Forum

1986 f-150 4x4 4.9l manual trans wiring issues

odo

I would say the switch is going to the off position because it cuts power to the blower motor......I pulled the positive cable but had to choke out the engine to shut it down. I believe the wiring on the start relay is not right but cant blow up the diagram enough to see what's what on my phone.

There are multiple contacts in the ignition switch and they seem to make/break at different times. For instance, I've seen many trucks that the ignition circuit would make when coming back to Run but the accessory circuit wouldn't unless you rolled the key back toward Off a bit. So if it could do that then you might still have ignition when the accessories are off.

On the starter relay wiring, do you have DS-II or EEC? I can blow that up and post it if it would help.

There are multiple contacts in the ignition switch and they seem to make/break at different times. For instance, I've seen many trucks that the ignition circuit would make when coming back to Run but the accessory circuit wouldn't unless you rolled the key back toward Off a bit. So if it could do that then you might still have ignition when the accessories are off.

On the starter relay wiring, do you have DS-II or EEC? I can blow that up and post it if it would help.

It's the ds-II I believe. Module mounted on left fender, blue grommet two connectors.