Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

In Connecticut that inspector would not only lose his license, the bank (or mortgage provider) would have his ass charged not only civily, but criminally.

As he defrauded both the lendor and the buyer.

And, he would be liable for any repairs needed to bring the house up to code, if it wasn't written into his report.

I'm sorry.

Florida is a festering absess.

That's the way it should be. But I think the brother of :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: sets the rules in Florida.

Luckily the repairs weren't expensive, and in many cases they were in boxes that I had to go into anyway. For instance the kids wanted outlets with USB chargers built in on either side of their bed. And those boxes were mis-wired. And they wanted dimmers in many places, and all of those boxes were mis-wired - but wouldn't have been found in an inspection.

That's the way it should be. But I think the brother of :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: sets the rules in Florida.

Luckily the repairs weren't expensive, and in many cases they were in boxes that I had to go into anyway. For instance the kids wanted outlets with USB chargers built in on either side of their bed. And those boxes were mis-wired. And they wanted dimmers in many places, and all of those boxes were mis-wired - but wouldn't have been found in an inspection.

Gary, Thought you might be interested in this if you haven't read about it yet.

https://www.bigironoverlandrally.com/

It's up at Big Brutus in West Mineral, KS.

Gary, Thought you might be interested in this if you haven't read about it yet.

https://www.bigironoverlandrally.com/

It's up at Big Brutus in West Mineral, KS.

I hadn't seen that, Bruce. Thanks!

I know a bit about Big Brutus. I worked for Kansas Gas & Electric from 1969 to 1975, and during part of that time I worked on the Operations floor where we tracked the generation and transmission of watts and vars. This was in Wichita and Big Brutus was in operation in the SE corner of KS. Our charts clearly showed every bite he took as there was an inrush of current to him as his motors powered the shovel. We could see the shift changes as dead spots, and even tell when he took an extra large or small bite.

I don't think I'm ready to camp with Big Blue yet. However, going up for Saturday looks like fun. That day they are having these classes:

12:00 PM - OVERLAND NAVIGATION GAIA 101

1:30 PM - MANAGING TRAUMA

3:00 PM - OFF-ROAD RECOVERY GEAR

4:30 PM - OVERLAND RADIO COMMUNICATIONS

It is only ~2 hours up there, and Janey just said that sounds like fun. :nabble_anim_jump:

I hadn't seen that, Bruce. Thanks!

I know a bit about Big Brutus. I worked for Kansas Gas & Electric from 1969 to 1975, and during part of that time I worked on the Operations floor where we tracked the generation and transmission of watts and vars. This was in Wichita and Big Brutus was in operation in the SE corner of KS. Our charts clearly showed every bite he took as there was an inrush of current to him as his motors powered the shovel. We could see the shift changes as dead spots, and even tell when he took an extra large or small bite.

I don't think I'm ready to camp with Big Blue yet. However, going up for Saturday looks like fun. That day they are having these classes:

12:00 PM - OVERLAND NAVIGATION GAIA 101

1:30 PM - MANAGING TRAUMA

3:00 PM - OFF-ROAD RECOVERY GEAR

4:30 PM - OVERLAND RADIO COMMUNICATIONS

It is only ~2 hours up there, and Janey just said that sounds like fun. :nabble_anim_jump:

That is really neat! And a fun connection you have with it Gary.

We went there a few times growing up and actually took the kids there on the way back from your last truck show.

Bruce - are you going?

We went there a few times growing up and actually took the kids there on the way back from your last truck show.

Bruce - are you going?

My "connection" with Big Brutus was via 345 KV three phase lines. :nabble_smiley_evil:

But, by "there" do you mean to see Big Brutus or the Big Iron rally?

Bruce - are you going?

No I am not going, trying to finish up the basement, bathroom and laundry room that has been non existent for thirty years when we built the house. Finally getting around to finishing it. Life has been getting in the way for years. Loosing job, boy in college, etc, etc. Just about have all the hard part done. Needing to cut a hole in the outside wall for the bathroom vent and the rain has not been cooperating on the weekends lately. Everyone have a great day.

No I am not going, trying to finish up the basement, bathroom and laundry room that has been non existent for thirty years when we built the house. Finally getting around to finishing it. Life has been getting in the way for years. Loosing job, boy in college, etc, etc. Just about have all the hard part done. Needing to cut a hole in the outside wall for the bathroom vent and the rain has not been cooperating on the weekends lately. Everyone have a great day.

I forgot the most important reason we're not going. That is the weekend our first grandbaby is due. It is a grand daughter. Due on the 15th. So we're not going far from home.

I forgot the most important reason we're not going. That is the weekend our first grandbaby is due. It is a grand daughter. Due on the 15th. So we're not going far from home.

Now THAT is an EXCELLENT reason to staying close to home! Our grands weren't born near Tulsa, so we were there when it happened. Congrat's!

Now THAT is an EXCELLENT reason to staying close to home! Our grands weren't born near Tulsa, so we were there when it happened. Congrat's!

Got the Brother label printer in and downloaded all the software that goes with it. Brother, there sure is a lot of it! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Anyway, I printed some labels and then wondered how it might be to print "Check Engine" in black on red tape. Holding this label in front of the light on Janey's iPhone, which is BRIGHT, it looks like it works pretty well. The black is a bit washed out, but then the warning light bulbs aren't nearly as bright as the one on the phone, so I think it'll work.

Having said that, if I had a piece of red plastic I could print black on clear and stick that on the plastic.

Thoughts?

Nutserts.thumb.jpg.9e35e7d9c5f3b62faedb891a8960fb76.jpg