Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

Right Jim....lol! "I think we're parked man".....lol!

I gotta see this, Gary. Think you can stuff a washer and dryer in there too....lol!

Good idea! A washer and dryer would be wonderful when overlanding. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, I need to get the air cleaner box and the PDB in so I can later move on to EFI. And yes, it gets crowded. Just ask Bill, although he doesn't have the aux battery to add to the crowded mess. Hopefully it will be worth it.

But, it is all going to fit, and I actually wasn't sure it would.

Good idea! A washer and dryer would be wonderful when overlanding. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, I need to get the air cleaner box and the PDB in so I can later move on to EFI. And yes, it gets crowded. Just ask Bill, although he doesn't have the aux battery to add to the crowded mess. Hopefully it will be worth it.

What you're doing is wayyyyy beyond my knowledge base. Electrical to me is like.....well, paint to you. Just looking at that harness all laid out like that is intimidating to me. I'm still studying up on the wiring of my harness to convert things to 3G so it doesn't look like a total hack job....sheez. I'll try to be more encouraging though....:nabble_smiley_sad:

I measured the rear spring u-bolts today. To document, using the info from UBoltsDirect, below, I got:

• A: .624", which is 16mm, so they are slightly bigger than the .616" I measured on a 5/8" bolt. But 5/8" would probably be fine.

• B: 3.5"

• C: The current ones are 10", so I want 12" replacements

Hope to test it tomorrow and, if I like the suspension, will order the bolts - probably from Ruf-Stuff. Oops, I just looked on their site and can't find 3 1/2 x 5/8 x 12. So maybe UBoltsDirect? They have them here and it looks like they are $14.50/ea + $4.80 for nuts and washers.

111358496.png.bcf3143b058961544b255801c87e9354.png

Would you care to elaborate? I’m having difficulty reading between the lines.

Ok, let me try this again. I had posted a nice reply and it vanished into the Nabble black hole. In looking at your pictures, I see what appears to be two of the battery isolator relays, one in front and one back on the driver's side firewall.

On Darth, when I converted to the 1995/96 harnesses, I ran the large feed wire to the PDC from the starter relay hot post, across the top of the radiator opening, under the overflow/washer reservoir and air filter mounts to the PDC which sits roughly just back of center on the inner fender. The auxiliary relay box (trailer stop and turn, backup and battery charge) mounts to the back of the PDC mount. The 42 way engine connector carries everything to and from the engine except for the alternator and front O2 sensors.

As I mentioned a while back, the PowerStroke trucks, 94 1/2 - 1997 have the washer reservoir on the right inner fender. If you want to try it, I have one or two extra Chrysler overflow reservoirs that are tall and not super wide so might fit in the radiator side area with the large portion under one of the battery trays.

What you're doing is wayyyyy beyond my knowledge base. Electrical to me is like.....well, paint to you. Just looking at that harness all laid out like that is intimidating to me. I'm still studying up on the wiring of my harness to convert things to 3G so it doesn't look like a total hack job....sheez. I'll try to be more encouraging though....:nabble_smiley_sad:

John - It isn't quite as bad as it looks. Or maybe I should say "it won't be as bad as it looks". That's 'cause I get to strip out quite a few of the wires in those harnii. That PDB is "the" source of power for the later trucks, but Big Blue gets his power the Bullnose way via wiring on the passenger's side - although that flows through fuses in the PDB rather than through fuse links. So I get to pull out most of the wires going to the big body connector circled in red.

Then there are the wires going to the ECU, which go through the connector circled in green. (Don't worry, Bill, I know this isn't the EEC-V harness.) I won't need all of the wires in that so will thin them out as well, and already have a spreadsheet showing which ones I'm going to need and which I won't.

I'll want to do most, if not all, of that work before I install the PDB as it will make it much easier to work with fewer wires. So I'll need to clear off the work table and lay the harnii out again and then figure it all out. That's tedious, but isn't too complicated. I already have a good start on how the PDB is wired as it is pretty much the same as the one on the passenger's side.

EFI_PDB__Wiring.thumb.jpg.f14555c89383f69ed1a08f1476a5555f.jpg

Ok, let me try this again. I had posted a nice reply and it vanished into the Nabble black hole. In looking at your pictures, I see what appears to be two of the battery isolator relays, one in front and one back on the driver's side firewall.

On Darth, when I converted to the 1995/96 harnesses, I ran the large feed wire to the PDC from the starter relay hot post, across the top of the radiator opening, under the overflow/washer reservoir and air filter mounts to the PDC which sits roughly just back of center on the inner fender. The auxiliary relay box (trailer stop and turn, backup and battery charge) mounts to the back of the PDC mount. The 42 way engine connector carries everything to and from the engine except for the alternator and front O2 sensors.

As I mentioned a while back, the PowerStroke trucks, 94 1/2 - 1997 have the washer reservoir on the right inner fender. If you want to try it, I have one or two extra Chrysler overflow reservoirs that are tall and not super wide so might fit in the radiator side area with the large portion under one of the battery trays.

Bill - The relay near the aux battery is the isolator, and the one on the firewall is what I'm calling the accessory relay as it feeds power to the inverter.

As by you placing the feed on the fender-mounted relay you then had enough wire to go to the PDB. But I put mine on the other PDB, and lost several inches right there. And that's why I need to keep the battery isolator close to the front.

As for the trailer relays, I have one of those banks of relays. But I'd rather put them inside the PDB, so I'll see if I can.

On the reservoir, I think the standard Bullnose one is going to fit perfectly over on the other side. Unfortunately the later model one I got off Huck won't fit as it is too big. But I'll keep your offer in mind. Thanks!

Bill - The relay near the aux battery is the isolator, and the one on the firewall is what I'm calling the accessory relay as it feeds power to the inverter.

As by you placing the feed on the fender-mounted relay you then had enough wire to go to the PDB. But I put mine on the other PDB, and lost several inches right there. And that's why I need to keep the battery isolator close to the front.

As for the trailer relays, I have one of those banks of relays. But I'd rather put them inside the PDB, so I'll see if I can.

On the reservoir, I think the standard Bullnose one is going to fit perfectly over on the other side. Unfortunately the later model one I got off Huck won't fit as it is too big. But I'll keep your offer in mind. Thanks!

Got it, don't blame ya for staying away from places. Truck still looking good! Have a blessed day!

Got it, don't blame ya for staying away from places. Truck still looking good! Have a blessed day!

Thanks, Bruce! I've had the first COVID shot but am a week away from the 2nd, and they say to give it two more weeks before you have the full effect. So I'm being very careful.

Hope you have a good weekend as well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks, Bruce! I've had the first COVID shot but am a week away from the 2nd, and they say to give it two more weeks before you have the full effect. So I'm being very careful.

Hope you have a good weekend as well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well, USPS says my t-case seal will be delivered by 9 PM. So I doubt there's going to be a test drive today. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Given that, I decided that I'd see about relocating the coolant/windshield washer reservoir. So I dragged out a badly broken one and it looked like it would fit. Given that I pulled the vacuum reservoir and re-plumbed to the one on the HVAC plenum. Then I pulled the jack & mount as well as the jack handle, and then ensured I have a bottle jack in the tool box - yep.

And here 'tis. Just have to make a bracket for it, move/extend the wiring to the washer pump, re-route the washer hose, and come up with a new, longer hose for the coolant. Then I can move the reservoir and have that space freed up.

Mocked_Up_Relocated_Cooland__Windshield_Washer_Reservoir.thumb.jpg.ef2892a0f789628da8d5a7afdd2dcdb4.jpg