Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Yes, it does look like :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: had his way with this part of the truck as well. :nabble_smiley_sad:

But, I'm getting there. Having found that I have the proper front filler neck I just need the rear filler neck and two hoses. Jeannie at the salvage called and said they have the filler neck, so I paid them $25 and I'll pick it up in a few days. And I've ordered from Amazon a Spectra Premium FNH122 Fuel Tank Filler Neck Hose for the front tank and a Spectra Premium FNH090 Fuel Tank Filler Neck Hose for the rear tank. They'll both be here Monday.

Then I tried to install the front/mid-ship skid plate off Huck. I'll go, but I'd need to move one hanger and drill three new holes. And even then it is short - apparently that top tank in the pic above is a 16 gallon instead of the 19 gallon one that was on Big Blue and that I have on order. And that skid plate doesn't protect the whole of the tank.

So out came another one I have and it bolted on perfectly. And while I was at it I spotted the rear tank skid plates. Now all I need are tanks! And they are due tomorrow.

Oh yes, once I get it all together and the lines run I'll need the pressure regulator from Holley. And in spite of it saying "Estimated shipping date: 07/30/2020" when I ordered they now say "Estimated shipping date: 08/12/2020." :nabble_smiley_sad:

I absolutely love those Cherry Bombs and wire pipe hangers! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Well, Nabble strikes again? Everything was frozen and I tried again and again???

Sorry for the triple post. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

I absolutely love those Cherry Bombs and wire pipe hangers! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Well, Nabble strikes again? Everything was frozen and I tried again and again???

Sorry for the triple post. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Yes, the wire hangers are classic! Maybe I should post that pic and win the Ugliest Truck? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes, the wire hangers are classic! Maybe I should post that pic and win the Ugliest Truck? :nabble_smiley_evil:

I never knew they did a skid plate for the smaller midship tank. Do you want to use that one or prefer a full length one?

What is the length measurement of the small one? Let's say the full length so including the front vertical part.

I never knew they did a skid plate for the smaller midship tank. Do you want to use that one or prefer a full length one?

What is the length measurement of the small one? Let's say the full length so including the front vertical part.

I'll measure and post dimensions tomorrow.

The smaller skid plate doesn't fit perfectly and wouldn't completely shield the longer tank, so I want the longer skid plate. But the ones I have for both tanks are off Dad's truck. I've never been sure that I want to install them on his truck as they add a lot of weight and I think it looks cleaner w/o them. So I think I'm ok using them on Big Blue - at least for now.

But, if down the road I find another set I'll grab them.

The smaller skid plate doesn't fit perfectly and wouldn't completely shield the longer tank, so I want the longer skid plate. But the ones I have for both tanks are off Dad's truck. I've never been sure that I want to install them on his truck as they add a lot of weight and I think it looks cleaner w/o them. So I think I'm ok using them on Big Blue - at least for now.

Gary, just a curious question, was the shift lever on your T-19 two piece with the rubber insulator at the bottom (like below)? Or was it all one piece like the older levers?

img_1160_96cf543f544a1309203ff1f724e939ec3664e2d8.jpg.4c29a6c429fcc26a439cfa4e8651de84.jpg

Looks like it has the rubber isolator:

Perfect, that makes me feel better. I just bought a two-piece straight stick from an 86 F350 and wanted to make sure the curvy sticks were the same. I think the straight stick will be better for my 97 bench seat.

Measured the skid plate under Camano and it's roughly 63.5" following the contours.

Measured the skid plate under Camano and it's roughly 63.5" following the contours.

From the top in front, down to the horizontal run, and to the back? I'll measure the one on Big Blue and the short one for the 16 gallon tank in the morning. Thanks.