Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

Just for comparison, here is the drivers side-

I just ran out and checked the 80 since it has these vents and the dash bracket is a close fit into the slanted notch seen above in the top left.

Gary; looks like as usual i'm a day late and a doller short. So i been reading up on the SEM stuff. Nick isnt going to be very happy, LOL. I think i want to do Brutus over again when i buy the new carpet. We have had much success with the paint method we use on the dashboard etc. But like you said, the door panels are flaking off. I was concerned about this as well. Although we have had luck in the past with the paint. I'm liking what i see and read. We have been going back and fourth as to what to do with the headrests for the seat. The seat was red and the seat cover dosent have covers for the head rests and was going to get my sister to try and cover them for me, but i think this may be the way to go about it.

Gary; looks like as usual i'm a day late and a doller short. So i been reading up on the SEM stuff. Nick isnt going to be very happy, LOL. I think i want to do Brutus over again when i buy the new carpet. We have had much success with the paint method we use on the dashboard etc. But like you said, the door panels are flaking off. I was concerned about this as well. Although we have had luck in the past with the paint. I'm liking what i see and read. We have been going back and fourth as to what to do with the headrests for the seat. The seat was red and the seat cover dosent have covers for the head rests and was going to get my sister to try and cover them for me, but i think this may be the way to go about it.

Scott - I'm REALLY glad I asked the question about the vents. I'm sure you are right 'cause the vent I tried to put in there had no notch on the corner where it is needed. THANK YOU!

George - The SEM stuff is excellent. I've used it before and it works well. Jonathan/Ford F834 has said that his SEM-painted dash is holding up well where his grandkids get in and put their feet on it.

But, it takes prep, as outlined above. I know that I'm not as educated in things like paint and plastics as the folks that came up with the process that they recommend, so I follow the process to the letter. And I've had excellent results.

Just for comparison, here is the drivers side-

I just ran out and checked the 80 since it has these vents and the dash bracket is a close fit into the slanted notch seen above in the top left.

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner! Scott for the score! :nabble_anim_claps: (And Gary is :nabble_smiley_blush:)

But, is it normal to see things behind the slide? I'm sure someone will say "You won't see the stuff back there w/o the flash of the camera." But, note that the courtesy light is unplugged, just so we can see the vent and not just the light, and it is perfectly situated to pour light in there. Am I missing something? :nabble_anim_confused:

PS_Kick_Panel_Vent_-_It_Fits!.thumb.jpg.8617024f5936d5d0486706861dafe470.jpg

And, for those who doubt:

Door_Panel__Kick_Panel.thumb.jpg.60fcfd89d5789fdc10e967ac373471b7.jpg

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner! Scott for the score! :nabble_anim_claps: (And Gary is :nabble_smiley_blush:)

But, is it normal to see things behind the slide? I'm sure someone will say "You won't see the stuff back there w/o the flash of the camera." But, note that the courtesy light is unplugged, just so we can see the vent and not just the light, and it is perfectly situated to pour light in there. Am I missing something? :nabble_anim_confused:

Coming together nicely Gary, the trim looks great!

Not sure what can be seen behind the slide, would have to go check. Would imagine it's similar to what you're seeing. I think the fact that you've never noticed it before is probably an indication of how noticeable(or not) the area is, but now you've seen it...:nabble_smiley_evil::nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Coming together nicely Gary, the trim looks great!

Not sure what can be seen behind the slide, would have to go check. Would imagine it's similar to what you're seeing. I think the fact that you've never noticed it before is probably an indication of how noticeable(or not) the area is, but now you've seen it...:nabble_smiley_evil::nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Rob - I've always had kick panels there. I'm just now installing the vents. So if you could look at yours to see if I'm missing something in there I'd appreciate it. But it isn't critical - I can wait a day or two.

Good deal!

My 80 is the same way. What about adding some black (or blue) tape to the cab horizontally? A single strip ought to hide that or at least make it a lot less noticeable.

Good deal!

My 80 is the same way. What about adding some black (or blue) tape to the cab horizontally? A single strip ought to hide that or at least make it a lot less noticeable.

Scott - That should work if I can figure out what to stick it to. Will look in a bit.

Dane - Thanks!