Bullnose Forums

Big Blue's Transformation

David - The tire pressures are on my to-do list for tomorrow, but thanks for reminding me.

What about the wipers? Have you checked the operation and condition of the blades?

Light bulbs all the way around?

Does the heater work?

The wipers work fine, but some day soon I want to get the larger ones that Jim suggested. The lights all-round work fine, both outside and in. In fact, as of today the ash tray light now works - I put an LED in it after finding the bulb in it was shattered.

Cleaned all the windows. Installed the rear view mirror. Set tire pressures. Installed the dash pad, such as it is. And vacuumed the carpet and mats. Plus, I installed the radio and clock awa the bezel over them.

And while I was installing the radio I found more of :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: handiwork:

Florida_Man_Strikes_Again!.thumb.jpg.7bd262d882473ddb3a2bb27542deb97e.jpg

It is ready! (David - What do you see in the right side pic? :nabble_smiley_wink:)

Read_For_Road_Trip_-_DS.thumb.jpg.7d4a538b778789b815b9ddb1ff7ac694.jpgRead_For_Road_Trip_-_PS.thumb.jpg.0a1cc3d405874adc8f36598aa32045a9.jpg

The wipers work fine, but some day soon I want to get the larger ones that Jim suggested. The lights all-round work fine, both outside and in. In fact, as of today the ash tray light now works - I put an LED in it after finding the bulb in it was shattered.

Cleaned all the windows. Installed the rear view mirror. Set tire pressures. Installed the dash pad, such as it is. And vacuumed the carpet and mats. Plus, I installed the radio and clock awa the bezel over them.

And while I was installing the radio I found more of :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: handiwork:

It is ready! (David - What do you see in the right side pic? :nabble_smiley_wink:)

So which is the handywork from :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:, the blue wire that's being pinched by the heater temp control, or the cutout for the radio support? Or is there something else I'm not seeing?

So which is the handywork from :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:, the blue wire that's being pinched by the heater temp control, or the cutout for the radio support? Or is there something else I'm not seeing?

I was referring to the cutout, which I only found because I put my hand in there and was almost cut by the sharp edges.

But, I hadn't seen the blue wire until you mentioned it. Well spotted! Now I have to take that apart again and fix that. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I was referring to the cutout, which I only found because I put my hand in there and was almost cut by the sharp edges.

But, I hadn't seen the blue wire until you mentioned it. Well spotted! Now I have to take that apart again and fix that. :nabble_smiley_sad:

That's not too shabby all things considered - there is already a cutout there so looks like they just enlarged it. I was looking for a wiring issue also and was thinking that was the cleanest PO wiring I'd ever seen :nabble_smiley_happy:

Truck is looking great!

That's not too shabby all things considered - there is already a cutout there so looks like they just enlarged it. I was looking for a wiring issue also and was thinking that was the cleanest PO wiring I'd ever seen :nabble_smiley_happy:

Truck is looking great!

Thanks, Scott. But, that's not all PO wiring. When I got BB it blew a fuse for the radio when I was moving things around. After some investigation I found a bare wire that was sometimes touching that bracket. Zap!

So I neatened things up a bit, used some heat shrink, etc.

Oh yes, I forgot to tell y'all that the MeterMatch came in today. The USPS had been saying it wouldn't come in until tomorrow, so I went ahead and put the dash pad on and when the device came in I didn't have easy access to yellow/white wire going to the gauge. I'll have to pull the pad back off later to install the MM as I want to tap into that yellow/white wire and then stash the device under the dash pad.

Also, the new Saginaw pump came in today, so I'll be installing it soon as well.

Bit by bit I'm chipping away at the list.

Thanks, Scott. But, that's not all PO wiring. When I got BB it blew a fuse for the radio when I was moving things around. After some investigation I found a bare wire that was sometimes touching that bracket. Zap!

So I neatened things up a bit, used some heat shrink, etc.

Oh yes, I forgot to tell y'all that the MeterMatch came in today. The USPS had been saying it wouldn't come in until tomorrow, so I went ahead and put the dash pad on and when the device came in I didn't have easy access to yellow/white wire going to the gauge. I'll have to pull the pad back off later to install the MM as I want to tap into that yellow/white wire and then stash the device under the dash pad.

Also, the new Saginaw pump came in today, so I'll be installing it soon as well.

Bit by bit I'm chipping away at the list.

Nice! Enjoy the trip!

Yep Rob, that be it. You don't even want to take on that big steak they advertise. Regardless, the food there is pretty good.

The big steak is the whole point, isn't it?:nabble_smiley_wink:

BB is looking good Gary. Enjoy your shake-out trip.

On a different note, have we crossed to the new servers? The site appears much faster this morning, maybe just light traffic...

Edit - Ignore my last, from clicking 'post message' to being posted was at least 15 seconds...

But, that's not all PO wiring. When I got BB it blew a fuse for the radio when I was moving things around. After some investigation I found a bare wire that was sometimes touching that bracket. Zap!

Now that sounds more like PO wiring :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Well, we made it! 366 miles, the vast majority of it on bumpy 2-lane roads, some of which weren't much wider than the truck. LOT'S of stop and go, in some cases every single mile for 20+ miles.

And while the truck did well, we are worn out! W/o A/C we had the windows down quite a bit and the noise and the drying wind was just exhausting. But we came home on the superslab at a true 70 MPH, and that was better.

I'll post some pics tomorrow awa several observations. But for now, it is bed time!