Bullnose Forums

Howdy to the group!

Jaydog

Hey all! My name is Jay (Hi Jay!) Oops! Wrong meeting. :-)

I'm the proud owner of my grandpa's 1986 F150 XLT Lariat. It's got the 4.9L and is a stick. Right now I'm working to figure out why it only runs when I'm spraying starter fluid in it. Maybe the fact that it hasn't been driven in three years? I've got goop wanting to leak out of the front tank and I'm hoping the rear tank isn't full of crap. I'm prepared to either drop the rear tank to get it cleaned or put a new one in. It's not my daily driver, so I've got plenty of time. Not as much aptitude with mechanical stuff, but hopefully I have just enough to not get myself into a corner repair-wise. It's got 151,000 miles so I'm hoping I can eventually post another 100,000 on it.

Thanks for the add!

Truck.thumb.jpg.1fffc4eb7a83fc8f98d907b53d616c72.jpg

Hi Jay. We. too, have an addiction. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Where's home? We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I'd be happy to add you. Perhaps someone else is close to you and can help?

Anyway, I'm glad you have your grandfather's truck. Being a grandfather myself that is a wonderful story.

As for the tanks, new ones aren't expensive and might be a good solution.

Where's home? We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I'd be happy to add you. Perhaps someone else is close to you and can help?

Anyway, I'm glad you have your grandfather's truck. Being a grandfather myself that is a wonderful story.

Welcome!

Sorry about not putting my location! I'm in Wichita, Kansas. I grew up NW of here, joined the Army and eventually settled back here. I'm a flatlander at heart!

Sorry about not putting my location! I'm in Wichita, Kansas. I grew up NW of here, joined the Army and eventually settled back here. I'm a flatlander at heart!

Wichita! The only place that pronounces the name of the "big" river as R-Kansas instead of R-Kansaw as the rest of the US does. (That's from a guy whose home town is pronounced R-Kansas City.) :nabble_smiley_wink:

After graduation from college, exactly 50 years ago today plus/minus a week or two, we moved to Wichita. So I'm quite familiar with the area. Or was, decades ago.

But, you are CLOSE! You'll have to come to the Garagemahal Ford Truck Show & Swap Meet on Sept 21st. It'll be here in Skiatook, just north of T-town. Just come down the turnpike, get off at Tonkawa and come across 60 to Pawhuska. Then south on 99 to Hominy, left on 20 and in ~20 miles, after crossing the lake, you'll be here. There will be lots of guys from on the forum here.

So, would you like to be on the member's map? (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.) Wichita? Derby? Haysville? Rosehill?

Wichita! The only place that pronounces the name of the "big" river as R-Kansas instead of R-Kansaw as the rest of the US does. (That's from a guy whose home town is pronounced R-Kansas City.) :nabble_smiley_wink:

After graduation from college, exactly 50 years ago today plus/minus a week or two, we moved to Wichita. So I'm quite familiar with the area. Or was, decades ago.

But, you are CLOSE! You'll have to come to the Garagemahal Ford Truck Show & Swap Meet on Sept 21st. It'll be here in Skiatook, just north of T-town. Just come down the turnpike, get off at Tonkawa and come across 60 to Pawhuska. Then south on 99 to Hominy, left on 20 and in ~20 miles, after crossing the lake, you'll be here. There will be lots of guys from on the forum here.

So, would you like to be on the member's map? (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.) Wichita? Derby? Haysville? Rosehill?

Ha! I'm glad we pronounce the name of the river the "right" way! :-)

Please put me in Wichita, or "Doo-dah" as we call it.

I'll pencil in the Show & Swap meet. The only issue would be that both our kids are in the High School marching band and we are band parents, so we're usually travelling nearly every weekend from Labor Day to after Halloween. But if I'm free and the Silver Streak is up and running, I'll head on down!

Ha! I'm glad we pronounce the name of the river the "right" way! :-)

Please put me in Wichita, or "Doo-dah" as we call it.

I'll pencil in the Show & Swap meet. The only issue would be that both our kids are in the High School marching band and we are band parents, so we're usually travelling nearly every weekend from Labor Day to after Halloween. But if I'm free and the Silver Streak is up and running, I'll head on down!

Will they be marching in Arkalalah? We might be up, dunno.

Anyway, you are on the map!