Bullnose Forums

mq

Hello. I'm the proud new owner of an '85 F250 I6 300. My first Bullnose. Came across this forum while looking for belt diagrams. Primary use will be a plow and woods truck. I have pretty basic mechanic skills so looking forward to this group helping me keep her runnin' smooth. I'm in Missoula, MT. Cheers!

Thanks all. Here are some larger pics. Yes, go ahead and add me to the map. Looks like I'm the lone Montanan so far! As I said, I'm pretty low with my mechanic knowledge, tools, etc. so get ready for some silly questions. :nabble_smiley_blush: But I'm going to abandon my manly pride and ask 'em because I need to keep this beauty healthy. I'm quickly acquiring the dreaded BAS! (Bullnose Addiction Syndrome). And maybe my daughter will keep the tradition alive. She loves it already. That's her in the passenger seat in her child seat in one of the pics. Thanks again!

Truck1_(2).thumb.jpg.22795c64e2e596c87a5bc54b95e80c3d.jpg

Truck2_(2).thumb.jpg.fd29b8da322ecb64d7b424bd5baadb44.jpg

Truck3_(2).thumb.jpg.51d5fac4d60b9e50b2a2e0f7ca7a94be.jpg

Thanks all. Here are some larger pics. Yes, go ahead and add me to the map. Looks like I'm the lone Montanan so far! As I said, I'm pretty low with my mechanic knowledge, tools, etc. so get ready for some silly questions. :nabble_smiley_blush: But I'm going to abandon my manly pride and ask 'em because I need to keep this beauty healthy. I'm quickly acquiring the dreaded BAS! (Bullnose Addiction Syndrome). And maybe my daughter will keep the tradition alive. She loves it already. That's her in the passenger seat in her child seat in one of the pics. Thanks again!

Oh, what's the white stuff on the ground? How's the truck do in that?

As for BAS, you are in good company. Lots and lots of it around. I have 2 35/6's Bullnoses. (I have two "complete" trucks and parts from many, many others.)

And there's no stupid question except for that unasked. But, I wish there were stupid questions as I have a ton of stupid answers. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Seriously, none of us were born knowing what we know. Some, like me, are late comers to the Bullnose trucks, and others have been around them much longer. But we all love to help others, so you are in the right place.

And, it is wonderful if your daughter wants to help on your truck. That would be awesome!

By the way, you are on the map.

Ah, yes, the white stuff. Well, that's the primary reason for acquiring the truck! I only drove it briefly in the snow but the truck handled it just fine. We live at about 4700 feet elevation and have steep and winding road to the house and the 4 wheel drive did its job well. There's pretty good tread on the tires, too.

Thanks for all the welcomes and I'm eager to get started on the truck. So, where's the best place for me to begin asking questions? Start a "Project" thread or keep posting here on this thread, or somewhere else?

Ah, yes, the white stuff. Well, that's the primary reason for acquiring the truck! I only drove it briefly in the snow but the truck handled it just fine. We live at about 4700 feet elevation and have steep and winding road to the house and the 4 wheel drive did its job well. There's pretty good tread on the tires, too.

Thanks for all the welcomes and I'm eager to get started on the truck. So, where's the best place for me to begin asking questions? Start a "Project" thread or keep posting here on this thread, or somewhere else?

You might want to read this post, or the thread: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Forum-Structure-amp-Etiquette-td27917.html. In it I tried to explain the rationale for what the different folders were created for. But, you can use them however you'd like.

Having said that, the Project folder is the only one where you can lock the thread so others cannot post. As said in that post, I am using that feature to plan out changes for Big Blue. But, if you are not going to lock the thread I'd just post in the main section as more people will probably see it.

Anyway, I can see the need for the truck at your elevation. Must make for cold winters!