Bullnose Forums

New Enthusiasts

I rescued a 1985 F250 4x4 Single Cab 6.9 idi 4 speed Manual 79K miles and named him Sebastian. I should have held off on the name a few months. He's high maintenance and demanding so I may have misgendered him. I finally got him starting and running consistently and I believe we have his little addiction problem in check (starter fluid). Current project is the dash wiring. OMG I'm about ready to pull my hair out. I've removed the inside panels and I'm sealing up the cab. He came from Paradise 6 month before the fire so I figure he owes me for saving his dirty diesel butt. He was used as a "lake truck". He is straight piped to a single stack and he is the most obnoxious vehicle in town. No smog test in CA but registration at $325 a year is robbery. I've found so much information on this site that has helped me do the work myself. I'm no mechanic but I find the 6.9 easy to work on, no computers to deal with and my experience while in the Air Force as a crew chief on the KC135 helps. Here is a run down of what I've done so far. Injector pump, Injectors, Glow Plugs, Return fuel lines, fuel pump (mechanical), Alternator (3g swap) 2 new batteries and cable. I will be re-doing his under hood electrical mess after completing the cab and several months of therapy.

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where is home? We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map on the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you just give me a city.

So, what is the therapy you are entertaining enjoying? Many of us may need to partake as well. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Where is home? We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map on the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you just give me a city.

So, what is the therapy you are entertaining enjoying? Many of us may need to partake as well. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Home is Marysville, CA.

As far as the therapy goes, it will have to be intense. I was okay until I started on the wiring.

I keep saying this truck is going to drive me to drink. lol

Teresa

Home is Marysville, CA.

As far as the therapy goes, it will have to be intense. I was okay until I started on the wiring.

I keep saying this truck is going to drive me to drink. lol

Teresa

Yes, sometimes these trucks are frustrating, to say the least. And wiring issues can be the worst.

As for driving you to drinking, that reminds me of Commander Cody and the Hot Rod Lincoln, and part of the lyrics go:

My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'

If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln."

Anyway, you are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, sometimes these trucks are frustrating, to say the least. And wiring issues can be the worst.

As for driving you to drinking, that reminds me of Commander Cody and the Hot Rod Lincoln, and part of the lyrics go:

My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'

If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln."

Anyway, you are now on the map. :nabble_smiley_good: