Bullnose Forums

I need a door hinge S spring . .

I’ll check what I have when I can, probably Wednesday or Thursday. And, I’ll check the headliner trim as well. But it you don’t see something from me by Friday please remind me.

We apparently covered this in another thread, but the driver's door upper hinge/spring combo as well as the 4 metal headliner trim pieces will go out tomorrow. I'll send you the tracking info via email.

We apparently covered this in another thread, but the driver's door upper hinge/spring combo as well as the 4 metal headliner trim pieces will go out tomorrow. I'll send you the tracking info via email.

The spring is part number D8BZ-5422886-A. It's obsolete from Ford, but Green Sales still shows 29 of them in stock. There are usually some listed on eBay as well.

The spring is part number D8BZ-5422886-A. It's obsolete from Ford, but Green Sales still shows 29 of them in stock. There are usually some listed on eBay as well.

No wonder I couldn't find the spring in the catalog - it is a "check". But, it was only used through early-production 1985 trucks? Apparently that was when the change happened? :nabble_anim_confused:

Front_Door_Hinge_Spring.jpg.f62062826b834ec5e151dd3d7d5781ec.jpg

Here's the hinge from Big Blue, who was made in May of '85.

DSCN2578.thumb.jpg.f8cfaf0e6f6a8df5e6cd30d93a678c5e.jpg

No wonder I couldn't find the spring in the catalog - it is a "check". But, it was only used through early-production 1985 trucks? Apparently that was when the change happened? :nabble_anim_confused:

Here's the hinge from Big Blue, who was made in May of '85.

And if you look around, everyone has the later style spring ( flat piece ) listed as '80 up . . not correct though. I looked on ebay a few times, never saw a "S" spring.

And if you look around, everyone has the later style spring ( flat piece ) listed as '80 up . . not correct though. I looked on ebay a few times, never saw a "S" spring.

The vaunted guru of Ford part numbers, NumberDummy, says "Another clueless eBay seller." And, more often than not, he's right. Ebay is the worst for people misrepresenting what they have. Probably not intentionally, but the result is the same - you can't trust what they say.

The vaunted guru of Ford part numbers, NumberDummy, says "Another clueless eBay seller." And, more often than not, he's right. Ebay is the worst for people misrepresenting what they have. Probably not intentionally, but the result is the same - you can't trust what they say.

I don't know what years of F series that it fits but the prefix tells you that it's a 1978 Fairmont number, so it was used on the car lines as well. They're out there...

I don't know what years of F series that it fits but the prefix tells you that it's a 1978 Fairmont number, so it was used on the car lines as well. They're out there...

They were used on a lot of cars/trucks during those years. Still have never seen a spring for sale.