Bullnose Forum

Automatic transmission indicator - [used]

How difficult are these things to remove? I have to take the AOD indicator out of the '85 cab soon. Do I pull the cluster first or the column first, or what?

Has anybody done it before?

I've removed the C6 indicator. I did pull the cluster to do it, but I'm not sure it is necessary.

I've removed the C6 indicator. I did pull the cluster to do it, but I'm not sure it is necessary.

Not difficult at all, if you’ve loosened or removed the dash. Just be weary of the long white thin cable and the plastic clamp that attaches to the steering column through a small inaccessible hole. It’s like a drywall anchor that has two prongs that spread. They were not easy to crimp and remove, which is why I broke mine. 

I read somewhere that you can ‘reattach’ with tape or something else that keeps the cable close to the steering column. The anchor takes the weight off the thin wire’s hook that wraps around the column and attaches to the shift lever.

On May 9, 2019, at 5:50 PM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote: