Bullnose Forums

EFI news

I forgot to say that Shannon from Stinger got back to me with this:

Thanks for your interest.

Unfortunately we don't have anything for EEC-V/OBD2 applications and the EPA is cracking down on companies offering OBD2 tuning (they already hit SCT/Bullydog hard) and we want nothing to do with EPA sanctions.

So unless you convert to an EEC-IV harness we don't have anything for you.

Which makes the decision to go with Core Tuning easy.

I hope they don't shut Core Tuning down, that will leave a lot of us just slightly screwed. I would not want to go back to an EEC-IV as there was no MAF/SEFI 460 built with an EEC-IV.

I hope they don't shut Core Tuning down, that will leave a lot of us just slightly screwed. I would not want to go back to an EEC-IV as there was no MAF/SEFI 460 built with an EEC-IV.

As long as we have the calibrations or strategies then we'd be ok - right?

By the way, I don't understand what a calibration or a strategy is. I'm assuming that a calibration is the set of parameters that are in the tables that the computer uses to determine how much ignition timing to apply or how long to hold an injector open.

As long as we have the calibrations or strategies then we'd be ok - right?

By the way, I don't understand what a calibration or a strategy is. I'm assuming that a calibration is the set of parameters that are in the tables that the computer uses to determine how much ignition timing to apply or how long to hold an injector open.

Pretty much, the strategy is the template for the calibration, and it may be used for more than just one engine/transmission combination.

Pretty much, the strategy is the template for the calibration, and it may be used for more than just one engine/transmission combination.

OK.

I told Adam that I'm going to document the goody out of this, and he was pleased. (He has no clue what I mean by that. :nabble_smiley_sad:) In any event, as I work out what various things mean I'm hoping to capture them and, when it is done, to pull it all together in a document that will reside some where on the web site so others have an easier time of getting their heads around this.

OK.

I told Adam that I'm going to document the goody out of this, and he was pleased. (He has no clue what I mean by that. :nabble_smiley_sad:) In any event, as I work out what various things mean I'm hoping to capture them and, when it is done, to pull it all together in a document that will reside some where on the web site so others have an easier time of getting their heads around this.

I can add my experience with this also as I have been running Darth on their stuff since June 2013.