Bullnose Forums

C2 PS Pump Bung Swap??

Well done! So do you have the final pump on Kris' truck?

Gary, yes. We installed it last weekend and drove it home. He called me saying there was a trail of hydraulic fluid in the driveway along with the pump whining when he arrived home.

Keep in mind I was letting him do the work. I was simply showing him what needed to be done and how to go about it. I never saw the hose end in his truck. I used the bullnose hose to see if it would thread into the OBS pump when he had it removed. It threaded in nice and snug like it was made to be there. It didnt throw a flag to me because of all the different types of fittings there are in the high pressure hose world (SAE, JIC, flare, compression , NPT, O ring boss , etc,etc) hardly any of them use the same thread pitch. It fit like a champ so I considered for us to be in the driver's seat. When he informed me it wasn't sealed I knew something wasnt uo to snuff and I began the inquiry.

Gary, yes. We installed it last weekend and drove it home. He called me saying there was a trail of hydraulic fluid in the driveway along with the pump whining when he arrived home.

Keep in mind I was letting him do the work. I was simply showing him what needed to be done and how to go about it. I never saw the hose end in his truck. I used the bullnose hose to see if it would thread into the OBS pump when he had it removed. It threaded in nice and snug like it was made to be there. It didnt throw a flag to me because of all the different types of fittings there are in the high pressure hose world (SAE, JIC, flare, compression , NPT, O ring boss , etc,etc) hardly any of them use the same thread pitch. It fit like a champ so I considered for us to be in the driver's seat. When he informed me it wasn't sealed I knew something wasnt uo to snuff and I began the inquiry.

He will learn. And glad you got it sorted. :nabble_smiley_good:

By the way, have you seen that I'm looking for an '86 - '97 4wd F350 w/a 460 or diesel? I need the cross member, which only the 460/diesel trucks had, and would like the D60 front axle and suspension. Know of any wrecked ones or w/o an engine?

He will learn. And glad you got it sorted. :nabble_smiley_good:

By the way, have you seen that I'm looking for an '86 - '97 4wd F350 w/a 460 or diesel? I need the cross member, which only the 460/diesel trucks had, and would like the D60 front axle and suspension. Know of any wrecked ones or w/o an engine?

I didn't know you were looking for such. Those D 60's maybe hard to come by. Yhat is the desired axle to do a SAS . People put them in Broncos along with anything that came with a TTB.

I didn't know you were looking for such. Those D 60's maybe hard to come by. Yhat is the desired axle to do a SAS . People put them in Broncos along with anything that came with a TTB.

Big Blue's engine cross member has been sawz-all'd. It is toast and has to be replaced. So, while I'm doing that the guys have suggested that I replace the F250 teeth-jarring suspension with the F350's. Given that, if I can find a truck with everything it shouldn't be terribly expensive. Still have to find the cross member even if I can't find the front axle and suspension.