Bullnose Forum

84 F150 fuel selector switch wiring

I'm getting my truck up and running a little bit at a time, I started looking at all the stuff the previous owner has done, when I found that the fuel selector switch only had two wires on it. Non stock. One went to the switching valve and the other was piggy backed to a fuse in the fuse block. My switch has five spade terminals. I have pulled the dash off and can't find a matching plug of any kind. I did find a plug that was in a mounting hole (stock plug ) with six small round pins. I went to my local u-pick it and found the matching plug but don't know where to tie it into.

I looked in the resources which is awesome by the way but can't figure it out. Do I need to trace it from the tanks to see where the wires go?

Any help would be great.

Oh ya, by the way,i'm a newbie here and love it so far.

Welcome! Glad you found us. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I'd be happy to put you on it if you'd give me a city.

On your wiring issue, this isn't the best place to diagnose things as not everyone sees post in the New Members Start Here folder. It is really more for introductions and then posts about your truck usually go in the main section. However, the wiring diagram you want will be here: Electrical/EVTM/1985 EVTM and then scroll down to 19. Fuel Tank Selector & Gauges (Gas).

Welcome! Glad you found us. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Where's home? We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I'd be happy to put you on it if you'd give me a city.

On your wiring issue, this isn't the best place to diagnose things as not everyone sees post in the New Members Start Here folder. It is really more for introductions and then posts about your truck usually go in the main section. However, the wiring diagram you want will be here: Electrical/EVTM/1985 EVTM and then scroll down to 19. Fuel Tank Selector & Gauges (Gas).

Thanks, I'll take a look, home is Cottonwood AZ