Bullnose Forums

Sliding rear glass seals?

Shaun just installed the LMC seal, as described here awa in a few later posts.

However, if you aren't in search of a new one I think there's one hanging in the shop that came out of Huck, the '90 half-truck. Come by and get it, but not 'til tonight as we are in the big city right now, or tomorrow or on your day off. :nabble_smiley_wink:

However, if you aren't in search of a new one I think there's one hanging in the shop that came out of Huck, the '90 half-truck. Come by and get it, but not 'til tonight as we are in the big city right now, or tomorrow or on your day off. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The one I put in came from NPD.

The one I put in came from NPD.

Hmm...

I did see that, however, I may be calling what I am looking for by the wrong name...

I see Shaun's is a single piece of glass. What I am looking for is the smaller seals which would refurbish the track in which the rear 1/3 window slides to each side. Does that part have a different name? Rear window tracks?

Hmm...

I did see that, however, I may be calling what I am looking for by the wrong name...

I see Shaun's is a single piece of glass. What I am looking for is the smaller seals which would refurbish the track in which the rear 1/3 window slides to each side. Does that part have a different name? Rear window tracks?

It is apparently a complex issue. Here's the illustration of what I suspect is your back glass, as "83/" means it is from 1983 to the end of the catalog, which was 1989.

So, which parts?

Late_Back_Window_Illustration.thumb.jpg.f7b846e2d4cda273851c7f80a87c4629.jpg

It is apparently a complex issue. Here's the illustration of what I suspect is your back glass, as "83/" means it is from 1983 to the end of the catalog, which was 1989.

So, which parts?

Wowee! That's the closest pic anybody has got! However, it's hard to tell from that which pieces are rubber...But, I know from my windows that the main pieces are the top and bottom 422B68. I will try a search with this to see what I can find--er--Google can find.

Wowee! That's the closest pic anybody has got! However, it's hard to tell from that which pieces are rubber...But, I know from my windows that the main pieces are the top and bottom 422B68. I will try a search with this to see what I can find--er--Google can find.

WAIT! I don't think you understand Ford's numbering scheme. 422B68 is the basic part number, but it needs a prefix, like E8TZ, and a suffix, like A.

Let me see..... :nabble_anim_working: Input mode kicking in!

WAIT! I don't think you understand Ford's numbering scheme. 422B68 is the basic part number, but it needs a prefix, like E8TZ, and a suffix, like A.

Let me see..... :nabble_anim_working: Input mode kicking in!

E3TZ 10422B68-B

82/ F100/350 - - w/sliding back window

88/ (Super Duty)

Since it is for 1982 and later, I'll bet it is for your truck as well.

E3TZ 10422B68-B

82/ F100/350 - - w/sliding back window

88/ (Super Duty)

Since it is for 1982 and later, I'll bet it is for your truck as well.

I believe you are right. I wish I could find an easier site than the Parts Giant... I'm including a pic of my situation, as well. That way I can look at it and refer to the exploded view you posted.

20190507_111646_HDR.jpg.6ef55028f4710bba51b612d7ef08adf9.jpg

...okay... so the window reflected across the street and the lower seal I was focused on did not turn out that great...

But it is that rubber/plastic strip that lays in the track on the outside of the windows. I think I'm right on the callout number, so I think your full part number should be correct.

I believe you are right. I wish I could find an easier site than the Parts Giant... I'm including a pic of my situation, as well. That way I can look at it and refer to the exploded view you posted.

...okay... so the window reflected across the street and the lower seal I was focused on did not turn out that great...

But it is that rubber/plastic strip that lays in the track on the outside of the windows. I think I'm right on the callout number, so I think your full part number should be correct.

Found it! Well, not really yet, but I found the right number for my vehicle, and it's possible that the part number you found would work. They call this part a "filler, center." For a 93, though, the actual part number is F3TZ15422B68A. Now for more research. Thanks for your help!

Update: NOBODY has anything like this for sale. Where do you guys go for discontinued parts?