Bullnose Forums

New Page: Saginaw Conversions

And let me tell you that whine is much worse on a manual transmission truck.

What? Maybe more pronounced because the C6 also whines?

My power steering pump has always whined since I bought my Ranger ten years ago (Even in 2003 they were still running CII style pumps on the smaller engines). For the first four years the truck was an automatic, and it wasn't that noticeable. But once I swapped the truck to a manual, it became much more noticeable (probably due to the revs staying higher, for longer periods). But that's on a truck with computer controls and O/D. I'm sure a C6 is comparable to a manual.

Yes dad's truck is a C6.

That pump was thunderous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that actually kinda /likes/ the CII whine? Just kinda of a characteristic I grew up with and associate with these old trucks.

I'm the same way - these old trucks are supposed to sound that way! If it's quiet, it must be broken...

Am I the only one that actually kinda /likes/ the CII whine? Just kinda of a characteristic I grew up with and associate with these old trucks.

I'm the same way - these old trucks are supposed to sound that way! If it's quiet, it must be broken...

I have a reman C2 pump in my truck and it is as quiet as can be. However, it is only a couple years old and has only a few thousand miles on it.