Bullnose Forums

bullnose/bricknose doors

Are there any differences as far as mounting the interior door panels out of my 1985 bronco onto the doors of a 1991? I doubt there should be much if any issue, but figure someone here already knows...

I just discovered that my rusted out parts truck has very rust free and straight doors. I hadn't even ever looked closely at the doors before since the bed, fenders, cab corners, frame are all pretty rusts. Never even glanced at them that close. I was rummaging around the inside yesterday looking for a part I had put in there and when I shut the door I stopped and looked closer because it looked pretty clean. Turns out even the bottom insides are rust free, I was pretty surprised. I had already resigned myself to looking online for a used pair of clean doors. I guess I will just swap them around one decent day after work if I find a day the weather cooperates.

door.jpg.d727fb44a1132e78fd4a0ca758c43c1f.jpg

Look at the divider between the vent window and the window. It is wider on the later models. The doors will swap.

Never noticed the difference in the divider. Good call. Now that you mention it I do remember seeming to thing there was something different about riding with my hand on the divider with the window down and the vent open between the bronco and the F250. I just never thought enough of it to investigate.

Look at the divider between the vent window and the window. It is wider on the later models. The doors will swap.

Never noticed the difference in the divider. Good call. Now that you mention it I do remember seeming to thing there was something different about riding with my hand on the divider with the window down and the vent open between the bronco and the F250. I just never thought enough of it to investigate.

There was a post here at some point that described the doors and how they mix/match but I can't seem to find it. My 1991 cab has 80-86 doors, and they work okay, but there was mention of some differences between bullnose doors and bricknose/aero doors around the bottom rear corner and I would like to see what they were.

*EDIT* I found the post I was looking for, 87-96 doors do not fit the 80-86 regular cab very well due to differences in the section of the door under the latch mechanism. However, bullnose doors will fit an 87-96 cab without issue, and that's what my truck has.

There was a post here at some point that described the doors and how they mix/match but I can't seem to find it. My 1991 cab has 80-86 doors, and they work okay, but there was mention of some differences between bullnose doors and bricknose/aero doors around the bottom rear corner and I would like to see what they were.

*EDIT* I found the post I was looking for, 87-96 doors do not fit the 80-86 regular cab very well due to differences in the section of the door under the latch mechanism. However, bullnose doors will fit an 87-96 cab without issue, and that's what my truck has.

You can spot them on Craigslist every now and then...the doors will be closed, but the lower rear corners will be sticking out a little bit.

You can spot them on Craigslist every now and then...the doors will be closed, but the lower rear corners will be sticking out a little bit.

I'll have to start keeping my eyes open, there's a lot of cobbled together stuff here in Florida. Ask Gary. :nabble_anim_blbl:

I'll have to start keeping my eyes open, there's a lot of cobbled together stuff here in Florida. Ask Gary. :nabble_anim_blbl:

If you see a Bullnose with the newer style mirrors on it, then they almost always have the new doors as well. I haven't seen one lately, but if you see one like that and they have pictures from the rear of the truck, you can usually see the doors sticking out a little bit. It's one of those things that annoys me...lol.

If you see a Bullnose with the newer style mirrors on it, then they almost always have the new doors as well. I haven't seen one lately, but if you see one like that and they have pictures from the rear of the truck, you can usually see the doors sticking out a little bit. It's one of those things that annoys me...lol.

Found pictures with google search.

80-86 Door

86_door_33dbc2bf5498aa268ec64d3d88fcfc91b6c82478.jpg.a61fd4ae940f96e44c425a6d76d5c5fd.jpg

87-91 Door

87_door_ace1be47133164430771f47597cf181633364567.jpg.c79156c0225bc45ec9142396cb3b2985.jpg

80-86 Cab

86_frame_49937d6cdc7f987a42a88b20e5ebe27355b7ee08.jpg.52bcbd0ad4a3ccca0a8d92b7b4094aa4.jpg

97-91 Cab

87_frame_56a4fb6dc9a027f5dc73f881061b29fe6abf4d33.jpg.a7d7a01734ecb9540267fdbe6305f6dc.jpg

Very disappointing indeed. I had been pretty excited about the possibility of not needing to find clean doors. Around here that is a pretty difficult thing to do, as everything has rust.

So far I haven't found a picture of a mismatched cab and doors to highlight what it looks like closed. I am on the hunt for that yet. If I find it I will post it.

Never noticed the difference in the divider.
It's VERY easy to swap the vent window frames, and most other parts in the doors. And I'd be VERY tempted to "massage" either the door or the cab to make the later door fit the older cab.