Bullnose Forums

Driving with a bench seat.

Hey guys, so i know the truck i find will probibly have a bench seat. Im wondering if it's harder to drive with one, or, if it can be adjusted, im around 6 foot, so i dont think reaching the pedals is an issue, im just wondering how long it will take to adjust to a bench seat, and if its harder to drive with one. Thanks for all the help!

Driving with a bench seat is great! It's like sitting on a sofa. My wife and son love it. And yes, a bench seat can be adjusted forward and back just like any other single seat. Base model trucks came with a very plain, vinyl covered seat, while "Lariat" models came with much more comfortable and plush seats. Later 1987 - 1996 Ford bench seats will swap to a Bullnose truck without any modifications. I put a 1987 - 1991 style bench seat in Lucille because I think it is the most comfortable, and it has a convenient flip-down armrest. Some of the later 1992 - 1996 style seats even have power lumbar support.

21192370_10212554990901222_3071411144798909883_n.thumb.jpg.cf8b25b254ab6824676a14621443565e.jpg

I never understood why some people replace their bench seat with a set of captains chairs in a single cab pickup truck.

Driving with a bench seat is great! It's like sitting on a sofa. My wife and son love it. And yes, a bench seat can be adjusted forward and back just like any other single seat. Base model trucks came with a very plain, vinyl covered seat, while "Lariat" models came with much more comfortable and plush seats. Later 1987 - 1996 Ford bench seats will swap to a Bullnose truck without any modifications. I put a 1987 - 1991 style bench seat in Lucille because I think it is the most comfortable, and it has a convenient flip-down armrest. Some of the later 1992 - 1996 style seats even have power lumbar support.

I never understood why some people replace their bench seat with a set of captains chairs in a single cab pickup truck.

Wow, never driven from a sofa before! Now im worried about falling asleep its gonna be so comfy lol! Thats good they can be adjusted!

Wow, never driven from a sofa before! Now im worried about falling asleep its gonna be so comfy lol! Thats good they can be adjusted!

6'5" here. I have 37" inseam pant leg size. I have trouble fitting into anything but a truck. Bench seats are the way to go. Gets your sweet thing sitting closer on date nights. More comfortable when parking too.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

6'5" here. I have 37" inseam pant leg size. I have trouble fitting into anything but a truck. Bench seats are the way to go. Gets your sweet thing sitting closer on date nights. More comfortable when parking too.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Great to hear! It will be an interesting adjustment. Did these trucks ever have bucket seat options on a standard cab? I knew they were avaible on crew and supers though.

Great to hear! It will be an interesting adjustment. Did these trucks ever have bucket seat options on a standard cab? I knew they were avaible on crew and supers though.

I dunno. But I am fixin to have an 89 bronco with the buckets and console.

I dunno. But I am fixin to have an 89 bronco with the buckets and console.

I am actually considering going backwards from bronco buckets to a bench seat...