Bullnose Forums

Biggest tire, 2WD rear, long bed

As the title suggests, what is the largest tire you can cram in the rear end of a stock 2 wheel drive F150. I am going to go mild performance street tire, not an A/T or M/T. I am only concerned about the rear, front will be smaller. I am going for that old school beefy looking rear end, I will end up using the same brand and model for the front but just stock size. I have not decided on wheels yet, but they will be aftermarket....I am shooting for something similar to 70s era muscle car, 5 spoke design. Something like this but looking to shove in the widest tire possible in the rear.

download_(1).jpg.c5249a9f177d23040c8da416d770cb5b.jpg

I don't know the answer to that question. And I think part of the answer depends on your rear suspension, meaning how much clearance you have. I've run 33's on 4wd trucks, but they have a lift block that might make a difference. However, I don't see why you couldn't add that lift block if you wanted to do so.

Also, would check out the specs manual on your truck, Gary has wonderfully documented it. Are you looking for a tire that looks like the old ones, or a new tire? Radial or Bias Ply? Just some factors. Like.i said earler, might want to check the spec list and see what was origianlly offered to see what a good starting point is.

Are you meaning tall or wide?

Those Cragar mags look like they are 15x8 wheels. Are your new wheels/tires going to be 15's as well? I like to use this thing: https://tiresize.com/calculator/

This will let you compare the sizes of different tires and also whether that size actually exists.

Ohhh, I like that page, Steve! So, there's a link to it on the Driveline/Calculators page now.