Bullnose Forums

Explorer Disscussion.

Hey guys, so i figured id make a somewhat official thread disscussing the Explorer package, its pretty rare and i think it might be a helpful thread for those that have trucks with the Explorer package to learn about em and stuff, There are brochures in the Literature section that go into detail on what was offered on these trucks. I personally really like these trucks, its a cool touch to em, and they had a lot of unique things avabile on em that were just plain cool. So, if ya wanna pin it, go ahead, if not, its okay.

Thanks!

Great idea, mine is an explorer in XL trim but has factory AC and cruise, manual windows and locks.

As the signature says, Big Blue is an XLT Lariat Explorer. And as the page below says, I think it is a Package B, but with a few things added, like the trailer package, aux battery, and a 460.

F-Series_Explorer.thumb.jpg.4ba05d4b51a0415d0c96b5f630ee5a2b.jpg

As the signature says, Big Blue is an XLT Lariat Explorer. And as the page below says, I think it is a Package B, but with a few things added, like the trailer package, aux battery, and a 460.

I didnt think ford offered the 460 for the 7th generation. I thought the last year for it was 1979. But, im probibly wrong. I also remember reading that each explorer package corrresponded with a trim. A-D i think. I also looked at the pricing chart, and i think you had to pay around 700ish bucks to add the Explorer package. Expensive stuff!

I didnt think ford offered the 460 for the 7th generation. I thought the last year for it was 1979. But, im probibly wrong. I also remember reading that each explorer package corrresponded with a trim. A-D i think. I also looked at the pricing chart, and i think you had to pay around 700ish bucks to add the Explorer package. Expensive stuff!

The 460 was reintroduced in 1983 in the F250's and heavier.

• 7 months later...

The 460 was reintroduced in 1983 in the F250's and heavier.

Interesting thread! My '85 Flareside ("Silver") came with explorer package C, and it matches of course with the list in the brochure. If I'm correct, Flaresides didnt come in XLT trim? Package C made it a nicely optioned truck though.

Does anyone know what if any EXPLORER badging would have come on the flareside? It had a bright blue stripe package but dont see any explorer emblems or decals - decals may be long gone given the surface rust

Interesting thread! My '85 Flareside ("Silver") came with explorer package C, and it matches of course with the list in the brochure. If I'm correct, Flaresides didnt come in XLT trim? Package C made it a nicely optioned truck though.

Does anyone know what if any EXPLORER badging would have come on the flareside? It had a bright blue stripe package but dont see any explorer emblems or decals - decals may be long gone given the surface rust

I seem to have a bust in the 1985 Literature section as the link to the 1985 Explorer Program brochure actually takes you to a Bronco brochure. I'll see what I can figure out later.

I seem to have a bust in the 1985 Literature section as the link to the 1985 Explorer Program brochure actually takes you to a Bronco brochure. I'll see what I can figure out later.

My friend picked up a 1983 explorer from another friend. I am going to help him clean it up, he is going to sell it...

My friend picked up a 1983 explorer from another friend. I am going to help him clean it up, he is going to sell it...

I no longer have it, but the '85 F-250HD I bought new in late '84 had the Explorer A package. I don't recall exactly what was included other than 2-tone paint. But I know that I wanted most of the things that came with the package, and it was cheaper getting them in the package than it was ala carte.

I've posted pictures of the truck and, I think, of some of the paperwork I had from the purchase on this site. Is there a way to look through whatever pictures I've posted to stick them in another thread like this one?