Bullnose Forums

Whick grill do ya like better: 80-81 or 82-86?

Wow, didnt know that. Was the hood emblem a common feature people ordered? I dont think i have ever seen it on a truck!

The only hood ornaments I've seen have been on Explorers, and only a few of those. Big Blue is an Explorer and by '85 they'd stopped using hood ornaments on them.

Wow, so they are that rare. Dang. Wasnt Explorer a seperate trim package from the XLT Lariat?

Yes, Explorer was a package that was offered once a year and was on top of whatever level of trim the truck would have had. So Big Blue is an XLT Lariat Explorer as in '85 there was a trim level of XLT Lariat.

Yes, Explorer was a package that was offered once a year and was on top of whatever level of trim the truck would have had. So Big Blue is an XLT Lariat Explorer as in '85 there was a trim level of XLT Lariat.

As I recall, Explorer was a series of packages. I ordered an '85 F-250 new. As I recall there were 4 different possible Explorer packages available (I ordered the Explorer A). They were all just different combinations of options, accompanied by a badge on the bed sides.

As I recall, Explorer was a series of packages. I ordered an '85 F-250 new. As I recall there were 4 different possible Explorer packages available (I ordered the Explorer A). They were all just different combinations of options, accompanied by a badge on the bed sides.

I think ive derailed the thread. Should i maybe make a new one on discussing Explorers? there seems to be intrest.