Bullnose Forums

Brake/Clutch Pedal Assembly (Hydraulic)

salans7

Looking for a Brake/Clutch Pedal Assembly from an 83?+ (Hydraulic). There's plenty on Ebay but they're outrageous in price, and I haven't had much of a chance to hit junkyards in neighboring counties yet. If you have one you're willing to part with, let's work out a deal.

Looking for a Brake/Clutch Pedal Assembly from an 83?+ (Hydraulic). There's plenty on Ebay but they're outrageous in price, and I haven't had much of a chance to hit junkyards in neighboring counties yet.

I believe it was 1983-up diesel and 1984-up gas. I had no idea these things were expensive on Ebay. I grabbed a spare at a junkyard last year and I'm sure it was only $10-$15. I'm going back out to the junkyard today looking for some Ford stuff, if I see a hydraulic pedal set I'll grab it. (It's unlikely that I will, but you never know).

Looking for a Brake/Clutch Pedal Assembly from an 83?+ (Hydraulic). There's plenty on Ebay but they're outrageous in price, and I haven't had much of a chance to hit junkyards in neighboring counties yet.

I believe it was 1983-up diesel and 1984-up gas. I had no idea these things were expensive on Ebay. I grabbed a spare at a junkyard last year and I'm sure it was only $10-$15. I'm going back out to the junkyard today looking for some Ford stuff, if I see a hydraulic pedal set I'll grab it. (It's unlikely that I will, but you never know).

Sorta: 83+ for diesel and 460, which is when they were introduced, and 84+ for all else.

Shaun - I pulled out my surplus brake and clutch pedal assemblies today, did some looking at what I had on-line, and discovered that I do have a hydraulic one. But let's see what Cory finds today as what I have is bits and pieces and, if he finds something, it'll be a unit.

Having said that, what I found is that there were three clutch/brake brackets: E0TZ 2L252-A, E1TZ 2L252-A, and E4TZ 2L252-B. But they appear to interchange as the E4 is shown in the catalog from 1980 on.

Next up is the lever on the right end of the clutch shaft - 7A554. The mechanical version had a hole in it for the rod to go in and the hydraulic has a pin for the master cylinder's rod to go over. But they are splined and can be swapped.

Last is the assist spring - 7534. There were 7 different ones of those depending on what engine and transmission you have. I have two, a yellow and a black.

You can see the illustrations and part numbers here: Driveline/Clutches And Linkage and then the Clutch Linkage tab. (Yes, I know it also has the brake pedals, but ..... :nabble_smiley_blush:)

Shaun - I pulled out my surplus brake and clutch pedal assemblies today, did some looking at what I had on-line, and discovered that I do have a hydraulic one. But let's see what Cory finds today as what I have is bits and pieces and, if he finds something, it'll be a unit.

Having said that, what I found is that there were three clutch/brake brackets: E0TZ 2L252-A, E1TZ 2L252-A, and E4TZ 2L252-B. But they appear to interchange as the E4 is shown in the catalog from 1980 on.

Next up is the lever on the right end of the clutch shaft - 7A554. The mechanical version had a hole in it for the rod to go in and the hydraulic has a pin for the master cylinder's rod to go over. But they are splined and can be swapped.

Last is the assist spring - 7534. There were 7 different ones of those depending on what engine and transmission you have. I have two, a yellow and a black.

You can see the illustrations and part numbers here: Driveline/Clutches And Linkage and then the Clutch Linkage tab. (Yes, I know it also has the brake pedals, but ..... :nabble_smiley_blush:)

Thanks Cory for keeping your eyes open, and thanks Gary for the info.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Cory for keeping your eyes open, and thanks Gary for the info.

Found one locally. If anybody has a blue spring (E4TZ-7534-B) they no longer need, let me know. Thanks.

Or if the springs don't really matter, let me know that too. Haha.

Found one locally. If anybody has a blue spring (E4TZ-7534-B) they no longer need, let me know. Thanks.

Or if the springs don't really matter, let me know that too. Haha.

Glad you found one. (And, glad I documented what I have so I don't need to look at the springs again.)