Bullnose Forums

Removing California Emissions System

The system you have is all or nothing. Change one thing the computer doesn't like and it'll lock the timing, killing performance and MPG.

Gary, considering what you said, Im looking at all these cracked vacuum lines, no smog pump, and wondering.....how is this thing running as good as it is. If its all or nothing, how is it not running currently in limp mode??

Gary, considering what you said, Im looking at all these cracked vacuum lines, no smog pump, and wondering.....how is this thing running as good as it is. If its all or nothing, how is it not running currently in limp mode??

Just think how much better it is going to run w/o all those cracked lines. :nabble_smiley_grin:

didnt California use detuned verions of the standard engines aswell? im actually intrested in wactching this thread! Good luck!

I have no idea. Im going to pull engine, clean, remove cali garbage, DUI HEI dizzy. Should run fine. I am pondering which intake, header and carb package to go with.

The system you have is all or nothing. Change one thing the computer doesn't like and it'll lock the timing, killing performance and MPG.

Is this '82 an EEC truck with a Feedback carb?

I think I had it in my head that EEC didn't show up until later, like 1984-up, but I really have no idea.

Is this '82 an EEC truck with a Feedback carb?

I think I had it in my head that EEC didn't show up until later, like 1984-up, but I really have no idea.

Cory - It is a CA-spec truck, but without the calibration code I can't prove it has EEC or not.

Ray - If you can find the calibration code, something like 2-51X-R0, then I can determine a lot about the system.

Cory - It is a CA-spec truck, but without the calibration code I can't prove it has EEC or not.

Ray - If you can find the calibration code, something like 2-51X-R0, then I can determine a lot about the system.

Where would I look?