Bullnose Forums

Replacement air cleaner 302efi

While my 86 302efi is in a million pieces all over the body shop, I am hoping to improve some of the weird things that I have inherited, one of them being the stock air cleaner, which has been "mouse-proofed". Does anybody have any suggestions on a custom air cleaner for the old beauty? Thanks for your input!

IMG_4831.jpg.a8c5f217ddd454bdf176e95850ff6328.jpg

Not sure how it is "mouse-proofed", but I'd recommend getting an air cleaner box with the tube that goes up to the radiator support for cool air. You should be able to find one of those at the salvage easily.

The illustration below is what you should have, but there's a later one that instead of tube 9A624 attaching to the radiator support down low it actually lays on top of the radiator support. So either of those would work.

Having said all that, I highly recommend you do not go with an open element air cleaner w/o the box and cool air tube. That's because you'll be sucking hot air into the intake, and that will reduce your power.

8336287.thumb.jpg.d45ec6a26d7a086fe3f8d566c51d0862.jpg

Not sure how it is "mouse-proofed", but I'd recommend getting an air cleaner box with the tube that goes up to the radiator support for cool air. You should be able to find one of those at the salvage easily.

The illustration below is what you should have, but there's a later one that instead of tube 9A624 attaching to the radiator support down low it actually lays on top of the radiator support. So either of those would work.

Having said all that, I highly recommend you do not go with an open element air cleaner w/o the box and cool air tube. That's because you'll be sucking hot air into the intake, and that will reduce your power.

Thank you Gary! Oh boy did you say salvage??? My favorite part of fixing this old truck!