Bullnose Forums

Frame repair kit [E5TZ-5K130-A] - NOS

Ask Mr. Lewis if it is on its way to Skiatook for Big Blue??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:Ford must have recognized a tendency for the frame to crack near the steering box?
All in the name of research. Inquiring minds have to know if it really is 1986+. Don't we believe that the frames didn't change during the Bullnose years? And we know the steering boxes didn't. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, Big Blue's got a clunk that has to be a cracked frame, Huck bolt loose, or some other rivet loose. So I'm highly likely to be repairing something right there and have to take the steering box off. And if the frame is cracked then it should be reinforced. And if it isn't cracked then why not reinforce it?

Dad's frame was cracked there and never was abused. Stock tires, no offroading, etc. So if it can crack then surely Big Blue's can and probably has/will.

All in the name of research. Inquiring minds have to know if it really is 1986+. Don't we believe that the frames didn't change during the Bullnose years? And we know the steering boxes didn't. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, Big Blue's got a clunk that has to be a cracked frame, Huck bolt loose, or some other rivet loose. So I'm highly likely to be repairing something right there and have to take the steering box off. And if the frame is cracked then it should be reinforced. And if it isn't cracked then why not reinforce it?

Dad's frame was cracked there and never was abused. Stock tires, no offroading, etc. So if it can crack then surely Big Blue's can and probably has/will.

Hmmmm… spending another's money, vicariously! :nabble_anim_handshake:

Since there's no TSB number in the caption or filename, I assume it's from the service manual. I might have just put it in the TSB album because it seemed like one.

I went through the '96 to '98 TSB's today and didn't find that one. But I did find it on-line elsewhere and copied the contents into a Word document. Then I created this page: TSB's/Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Wheels/Steering Gear Frame Liner. See what you think.