Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

Almost no forum has the smarts to read the metadata in a pic and rotate it properly. But applications on a PC or, in most cases, a phone do. So I just open the pic on my PC and save it. That usually re-orients it perfectly.

That doesn't work for me Gary. I use my iPhone for taking pictures, but I almost always take the pics with the phone in the horizontal orientation and they always post fine. If I take a picture with the phone vertical, the forum will post it sideways, even if I save it on my PC correctly.

I know for me, a vertical picture like this will always post sideways. The forum just doesn't like 'em.

20190418_192428_(Small).jpg.de7e87441ff3fe54306d3ece2642e7cc.jpg

Here I cropped the picture so that it is a sideways rectangle (Landscape) and it posts fine. Same as if the phone was horizontal.

littleblue82.jpg.86f10151235809635fa7067f56bc3b0b.jpg

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but this has been my experience with my phone.

Almost no forum has the smarts to read the metadata in a pic and rotate it properly. But applications on a PC or, in most cases, a phone do. So I just open the pic on my PC and save it. That usually re-orients it perfectly.

That doesn't work for me Gary. I use my iPhone for taking pictures, but I almost always take the pics with the phone in the horizontal orientation and they always post fine. If I take a picture with the phone vertical, the forum will post it sideways, even if I save it on my PC correctly.

I know for me, a vertical picture like this will always post sideways. The forum just doesn't like 'em.

Here I cropped the picture so that it is a sideways rectangle (Landscape) and it posts fine. Same as if the phone was horizontal.

Corey, yeah I tried everything on my phone to make it work, including snapping the photos in landscape. Not sure, but maybe there is a camera setting I should adjust before taking more photos.

I can upload all photos to my work PC later and see if I can get them to post.

Gary, you are right about Cali smog equipment. This thing is loaded.

Also, in the photo above the truck looks level....come alongs tied to the frame pulled the back end down. Its got some front end sag after taking off trailer.

Corey, yeah I tried everything on my phone to make it work, including snapping the photos in landscape. Not sure, but maybe there is a camera setting I should adjust before taking more photos.

I can upload all photos to my work PC later and see if I can get them to post.

Gary, you are right about Cali smog equipment. This thing is loaded.

Also, in the photo above the truck looks level....come alongs tied to the frame pulled the back end down. Its got some front end sag after taking off trailer.

20190418_195948.jpg.b650bcd259268dbd4707807aece5ac99.jpg

20190418_195956.jpg.f6f0f7f1a5137fa2c763418afeada44d.jpg

Trans. We can ID it now I bet.

I downloaded it, opened it with a basic editor, rotated it, and saved it:

Rays_Vertical_Pic.jpg.2ce22441d554243edc4d9c70d3a09fae.jpg

Trans. We can ID it now I bet.

Cory beat me to it... but yeah, not the SMOD because that has linkages on the outside of the case, and the case is cast iron instead of aluminum. TOD was 1984+ so probably not that. The SROD was 80-83 and has the “push” down for reverse... I’m guessing yours does...

The SROD was 80-83 and has the “push” down for reverse... I’m guessing yours does...

Yes, its push down and forward-left.

So the next question, after reading Corey's article, how the heck do I make the SROD shifter feel less sloppy. Apparently they are known for being sloppy.

Also, the clutch pedal travels what seems like 4 feet. haha. Its the last two or three inches of travel upon release that the clutch engages. I either have to get used to this, or maybe adjust to my liking....I will learn more.

The SROD was 80-83 and has the “push” down for reverse... I’m guessing yours does...

Yes, its push down and forward-left.

So the next question, after reading Corey's article, how the heck do I make the SROD shifter feel less sloppy. Apparently they are known for being sloppy.

Also, the clutch pedal travels what seems like 4 feet. haha. Its the last two or three inches of travel upon release that the clutch engages. I either have to get used to this, or maybe adjust to my liking....I will learn more.

Tag on transfer case:

20190418_200247.jpg.d03b42f9031e467b47b098324278eb78.jpg