Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

I agree with Cory - soonish.

As for the replacement part, I use Energy Suspensions or Prothane's polyurethane bushings. They will give a stiffer ride but more control.

Alright. Bought an Offenhauser on ebay. Lost the bidding on the dual port, so submitted an offer on a c-series. Offer was accepted.

So, now its onto deciding on the fuel system.

Easy cheap way....500cfm carb....manual choke.

Kinda easy but expensive....TBI setup, fitech or other.

Ive got a brand new 600 edelbrock but that is too big according to a lot of folks.

Alright. Bought an Offenhauser on ebay. Lost the bidding on the dual port, so submitted an offer on a c-series. Offer was accepted.

So, now its onto deciding on the fuel system.

Easy cheap way....500cfm carb....manual choke.

Kinda easy but expensive....TBI setup, fitech or other.

Ive got a brand new 600 edelbrock but that is too big according to a lot of folks.

Are always going to run a stock, and potentially worn, engine? Or are you going to have it built up, now or later? And will you have the time and tools with which to properly jet/tune a carb - now or later?

I ask because if the engine is going to change at some point the fuel system may need to change as well. So if you go with a carb you are probably going to have to tune it initially and you may need to change it or at least it’s jetting if the engine changes later. But if you are going with EFI it will learn and accommodate, both initially as well as later.

Are always going to run a stock, and potentially worn, engine? Or are you going to have it built up, now or later? And will you have the time and tools with which to properly jet/tune a carb - now or later?

I ask because if the engine is going to change at some point the fuel system may need to change as well. So if you go with a carb you are probably going to have to tune it initially and you may need to change it or at least it’s jetting if the engine changes later. But if you are going with EFI it will learn and accommodate, both initially as well as later.

Gary, my dream is to turbo it. But....that impractical, even for my standards. So I might get a FI unit that is good to 400-500hp. That way I can upgrade the engine later if I want.

Gary, my dream is to turbo it. But....that impractical, even for my standards. So I might get a FI unit that is good to 400-500hp. That way I can upgrade the engine later if I want.

I know you’ve talked about several approaches on the engine, which is why I mentioned tuning a carb. That can be time consuming and is best done with an expensive AFR meter. How many times do you want to do that?

FI is more expensive but a good one self-tunes. Without needing the AFR meter.

I know you’ve talked about several approaches on the engine, which is why I mentioned tuning a carb. That can be time consuming and is best done with an expensive AFR meter. How many times do you want to do that?

FI is more expensive but a good one self-tunes. Without needing the AFR meter.

Ive had a hard time making my mind up, yes. Ive always wanted to put TBI on a classic. Fitech has a deal right now. They have a new fuel command center called Force Fuel. Its a submerged high pressure pump, and its fed by the stock mechanical pump, so no need to run new lines.

Ive had a hard time making my mind up, yes. Ive always wanted to put TBI on a classic. Fitech has a deal right now. They have a new fuel command center called Force Fuel. Its a submerged high pressure pump, and its fed by the stock mechanical pump, so no need to run new lines.

That's a good approach as it lets you keep your fuel level sender. :nabble_smiley_good:

Not a bad price for a new, never installed piece. I think the are 350-$400 new from offy.

From the research I had done on these the C series seemed more favorable, something about one or two of the tubes not getting an even amount of something as the others etc. I can't remember, but I am looking for those reviews. My plan before I found the EFI engine was to do a offy, and fitech combo as well.

From the research I had done on these the C series seemed more favorable, something about one or two of the tubes not getting an even amount of something as the others etc. I can't remember, but I am looking for those reviews. My plan before I found the EFI engine was to do a offy, and fitech combo as well.

Im trying to figure out what the advantage if any would be to use their 2 barrel TBI. For the same cost, you can get the 4 barrel. They dont list cfm ratings. So looking at either system in terms of air velocity isnt possible.

Im thinking this one is a good practical model. Its not capable of boost, but I think realistically, Ill never boost the blue truck.

Screenshot_20191210-223230_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4b824ddc564c066b89bcf90460a6e125.jpg