Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

So, was it the Motorcraft filter or the Harvest King oil? :nabble_anim_confused:

Good question.

Drove Little Blue 82 yesterday. Ran good. But I am starting to notice some driveline slack. A clunk can be heard shiftine 1st to 2nd.

I think its time to check the motor mounts, as well as the transmission mounts.

Ive driven it hard lately, doing burnouts and wheel chirps everytime a Prius pulls up behind me at a redlight....mwuhahaha!!! :nabble_smiley_evil:

Maybe I broke something.

Drove Little Blue 82 yesterday. Ran good. But I am starting to notice some driveline slack. A clunk can be heard shiftine 1st to 2nd.

I think its time to check the motor mounts, as well as the transmission mounts.

Ive driven it hard lately, doing burnouts and wheel chirps everytime a Prius pulls up behind me at a redlight....mwuhahaha!!! :nabble_smiley_evil:

Maybe I broke something.

Check the u-joints and the splines on the driveshaft - if yours has them. The easiest way to check the splines is to try to move the driveshaft side-to-side and the joint. It shouldn't move, but those splines don't always get lubed and can wear badly.

Maybe I broke something.

lol. Be careful Ray, I've seen a lot of driveshafts land on the ground over the years doing burnouts and wheel chirps!

Check the u-joints and the splines on the driveshaft - if yours has them. The easiest way to check the splines is to try to move the driveshaft side-to-side and the joint. It shouldn't move, but those splines don't always get lubed and can wear badly.

When I dropped the driveshaft a few weeks ago, I checked then all was good and tight. And I regreased everything.

lol. Be careful Ray, I've seen a lot of driveshafts land on the ground over the years doing burnouts and wheel chirps!

I cant help myself. Everytime I see a prius, something comes over me. Its very immature.

15726622967632102705912271169629.jpg.0ec71b8b1663fe613195669175af3727.jpg

How bad is this? Should I replace this immediately?

If I remember correctly, that piece actually goes through that bracket, so can't fall out. But you are going to have some movement there, and will want to replace it soon.

This piece doesnt go all the way through. If its supposed to, its badly broken. I can take that ring and spin it all the way around.

This piece doesnt go all the way through. If its supposed to, its badly broken. I can take that ring and spin it all the way around.

It's just a plastic ring with a little lip on it. It should have a relatively snug fit on there...at least the original Ford ones did. I found the Moog aftermarket replacements were a little loose, so when I did my bushings I reused the old plastic parts. With such low mileage on the truck they were like new anyway.

I'd make a plan to replace them and the bushings. Not urgently, but soon-ish.

It's just a plastic ring with a little lip on it. It should have a relatively snug fit on there...at least the original Ford ones did. I found the Moog aftermarket replacements were a little loose, so when I did my bushings I reused the old plastic parts. With such low mileage on the truck they were like new anyway.

I'd make a plan to replace them and the bushings. Not urgently, but soon-ish.

I agree with Cory - soonish.

As for the replacement part, I use Energy Suspensions or Prothane's polyurethane bushings. They will give a stiffer ride but more control.