Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

LMC lists door panels for 80-86 in "blue".

Ebay has "light blue" and "Dark Blue" door panels for 80-86....

If I read Garys Interior trim charts right, 82 had "Blue" panels....

Just want someone else to confirm that what I would be buying from LMC would be the correct color.

My table says "Dark Blue" and that it was only used in '82. So I don't know that anyone will have truly the right color. But a one-size-fits-all place like LMC, with but one "blue", ain't likely to match.

There were either 4 or 5 blues used in 7 years, so the odds of someone having the right ones is slim. I'd go with the "dark blue" and hope - assuming they aren't terribly expensive. Or, redo the originals? You can paint them the correct color with SEM.

Oh, I see - real PC. Hmmm, something's not right. Do other pages come in?

I checked on my phone too...didn't see it there either.

Everything else seems to be working...

Door Panels, the originals are so badly broken up, its pointless. I may just order all the blue LMC has, if it matches, just go with that.

But, why not build up the 300? Go with split exhausts and true duals. An aftermarket intake and two carbs. Be different!

Gary, I am with you on the 300. I keep dreaming of a Fitech fuel injected 300 with a turbo. But the old school twin carb setup would be just as cool.

Cant wait to see a fresh Ford blue paint job on the engine and some powder coated tins.

Ray unfortunately the V8 radiators have the outlet on the wrong side for a straight six. You are going to need the 300 one. I would get the wider “extra cooling” one if you can. It has a different upper hose and shroud but has served me really well in my ‘81 even towing and Arizona’s hot summers. It’s only 2-row but almost never budges above the 195* thermostat opening point.

On the transmission, check which Tremec you have... SROD, SMOD or TOD. The SMOD has external linkages that may have worn bushings etc.,

I know I’m biased, but the open clean engine bay and tall vertical engine makes this one of the nicer looking power plants.

670C6DC8-AFC6-4D0E-B697-B9F556C7E204.jpeg.680752caa03c9728f411be9f1173d5e7.jpeg

25EE010D-7E72-4E9E-9CCD-4F838D6B66FA.jpeg.49e704032308923958d461b192dd833c.jpeg

F061DE95-3658-4574-8BF2-73ACA2049544.jpeg.97d7eb665b6ab4f31c2821667b5e67a8.jpeg

And while the Clifford valve cover is sure slick, I am a little partial to the classic steel “Power by Ford” one:

EE6453C6-6DF6-425C-B002-D9629543294D.jpeg.bf530cd1a36dd5b996459a7897d7272e.jpeg

989EF6A2-27CD-4E2B-87C4-5C426B76248F.jpeg.ba171330e0297aa2f180e8ee2d61b0c4.jpeg

Ray unfortunately the V8 radiators have the outlet on the wrong side for a straight six. You are going to need the 300 one. I would get the wider “extra cooling” one if you can. It has a different upper hose and shroud but has served me really well in my ‘81 even towing and Arizona’s hot summers. It’s only 2-row but almost never budges above the 195* thermostat opening point.

On the transmission, check which Tremec you have... SROD, SMOD or TOD. The SMOD has external linkages that may have worn bushings etc.,

I know I’m biased, but the open clean engine bay and tall vertical engine makes this one of the nicer looking power plants.

And while the Clifford valve cover is sure slick, I am a little partial to the classic steel “Power by Ford” one:

I forgot about the backwards radiator outlets. Good point, Jonathan.

But, wouldn't that ribbed valve cover on a blue engine look better if it, too, were blue with aluminum ribs. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Jonathan, those are some nice looking details. The Clifford valve cover will make it on a list. And Gary, yes, Ford Blue on it would look great. Little Blue 82 is going to be so blue.....

If I do black firewall and black inner fenders, the valve cover should be blue. But if I do body color blue in the engine bay, maybe a black valve cover would contrast and look cool.

Or, we could just go hugger orange on everything and pretend its a chebby.........just kidding.....calm down.....dont over react and pour tabasco sauce in your eye or something....

Figured I would post these in here:

Hey Gary, the 2nd photo I have shown looks like a tag with a screw. What is that plate called and can I decode it in the specifications area? I got your certification label working on my phone.

Hey Gary, the 2nd photo I have shown looks like a tag with a screw. What is that plate called and can I decode it in the specifications area? I got your certification label working on my phone.

That’s a “buck” tag and supposedly tells something about the body. But no one I know has been able to decode it.

Glad you got the page working. What did you do to fix it?