Bullnose Forums

Little Blue 82

That is correct.

Tonight I got the clutch pivot bar, front driveshaft, steering damper, dizzy, dipstick tube, and harmonic balancer re-installed.

The balls and bushings on the mechanical clutch linkage looked very nice. Where the clutch fork pushrod has that washer looking thing at the end, is there supposed to be a small bushing there? What about at the other end where the rod that is vertical meets the pivot bar? Bushing there too? They seemed a little loose.

20190515_201528.jpg.9bdd98eec66a254fb42889e61261fde7.jpg

20190515_201518.jpg.80073f451f092c266e2396cc0e5e62b5.jpg

20190515_205515.jpg.2e2f8ef31f77cf3b7a03b44310e3622b.jpg

Tonight I got the clutch pivot bar, front driveshaft, steering damper, dizzy, dipstick tube, and harmonic balancer re-installed.

The balls and bushings on the mechanical clutch linkage looked very nice. Where the clutch fork pushrod has that washer looking thing at the end, is there supposed to be a small bushing there? What about at the other end where the rod that is vertical meets the pivot bar? Bushing there too? They seemed a little loose.

Good progress, Ray. And, as Jim says, progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

But I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about with the "washer looking thing". However, the illustrations are here, and they should help: Driveline/Clutches & Linkage.

Good progress, Ray. And, as Jim says, progress is good! :nabble_smiley_good:

But I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about with the "washer looking thing". However, the illustrations are here, and they should help: Driveline/Clutches & Linkage.

Gary, item 7521 in the diagram. That part on mine looks like a washer welded to a stud where it connects to the pivot bar.

Screenshot_20190515-221352_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7066c75ce07083b9a909274aaa0e897a.jpg

Im missing 7526 and 358980.

I think LMC might have 7526. But go to the part number tab and you can get Ford's part number and search for it on line.

However, 358980 does not have a part number other than 35890. But, it is just a spring washer, as shown in the parts list.

I think LMC might have 7526. But go to the part number tab and you can get Ford's part number and search for it on line.

However, 358980 does not have a part number other than 35890. But, it is just a spring washer, as shown in the parts list.

Yes, LMC has it. I am adding it to my next order.

Yes, LMC has it. I am adding it to my next order.

Ok. Got the valve cover and gasket back on. Installed the starter and header. Man, is it a pain in the @$h getting the intake and header bolts started. I think the header tubes will be ok around the starter. There is one that comes a finger width to the very front of the starter that sticks out like....well....you know....a nipple.

Water pump is painted but not installed.

Its not a highly detailed job, but its good enough for now, and TONS better than it was.

20190517_212321.jpg.a1922c037eeb7b350683ad1993349ffa.jpg

20190517_212313.jpg.7504a4ea3809906560a065cf0430e27d.jpg

Ok. Got the valve cover and gasket back on. Installed the starter and header. Man, is it a pain in the @$h getting the intake and header bolts started. I think the header tubes will be ok around the starter. There is one that comes a finger width to the very front of the starter that sticks out like....well....you know....a nipple.

Water pump is painted but not installed.

Its not a highly detailed job, but its good enough for now, and TONS better than it was.

It does look far better. And I'll look forward to seeing you in June. Text me before you come to make sure we'll be home. I met your Holly so maybe you can meet mine. :nabble_smiley_good:

It does look far better. And I'll look forward to seeing you in June. Text me before you come to make sure we'll be home. I met your Holly so maybe you can meet mine. :nabble_smiley_good:

I met your Holly at the 2018 Show Gary! And her husband. See you soon. Wish me luck on dealing with my renter, and rehab on the house.